Cannondale changes course with debut of all-new Scalpel-Si

News bot

I look at my bike which I have built up over time - swapped over components and it all adds up to quite a bit - Over R50k. Much of it is wear and tear  - drive train, tyres etc, but its also the upgrades.  Factor this into owning a R195k bike along with agent only services ( if its a Spaz) and the cost of ownership is massive - R4k for a new cassette etc You'll be on your way to R300K quite quickly :-)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I look at my bike which I have built up over time - swapped over components and it all adds up to quite a bit - Over R50k. Much of it is wear and tear  - drive train, tyres etc, but its also the upgrades.  Factor this into owning a R195k bike along with agent only services ( if its a Spaz) and the cost of ownership is massive - R4k for a new cassette etc You'll be on your way to R300K quite quickly :-)

What about insurance. A R200k bike will probably cost well over R1k pm to insure. And I would guess most owners won't risk not having it insured.

What about insurance. A R200k bike will probably cost well over R1k pm to insure. And I would guess most owners won't risk not having it insured.

Yea that's true and You will have to wrap the whole bike with 3M to make sure you preserve it because I will be to scared when stones fly up and hit the bike.But this is typical Cannondale taking the piss as usual.

Yeah, but then you would own a Harley. Having herpes would be less shameful.

Haha true that,would rather get a custom bike then to evade the herpes

Any after a few years of owning that R200k bike, what are you going to be able to sell it for? Sure, R50k would be a bargain, but how many people would spend that on a used bike anyway?

Any after a few years of owning that R200k bike, what are you going to be able to sell it for? Sure, R50k would be a bargain, but how many people would spend that on a used bike anyway?

You will be very surprised!!!

Hey, why spend R50k on a used one, when you could finance a R200k one!!

Hang on..... the R195k and R80k one have the same frame, shock and fork.

So there's R115k worth of component and wheel "upgrades" you can do to an XT/XTR spec bike?

Also, how are there 4 bike specs above the top end women's bike spec?

Hang on..... the R195k and R80k one have the same frame, shock and fork.

So there's R115k worth of component and wheel "upgrades" you can do to an XT/XTR spec bike?

Also, how are there 4 bike specs above the top end women's bike spec?

Haven't had a look but the fork will be Alu vs Carbon.  And the frame would be Hi-mod vs normal. 

But that is the guess at the moment.

Haven't had a look but the fork will be Alu vs Carbon.  And the frame would be Hi-mod vs normal. 

But that is the guess at the moment.

Maybe a typo, but both had the same frame, shock and fork listed in the specs.... the R70k one had a different fork but the same frame and shock.