Breedtsnek Pass

HenkD

Has anyone done Breedtsnek lately. Looking to do it but would like to know if it is safe and how is the route.

Thanks

I concur - safe but can get boring. Wouldn't ride it alone though... 

Did 100km loop (well, 102.5km) three times in the last 2 months or so - nice prep for Sani with about 1800m ascent in that loop. 

Thanks guys, well I am just going for the climbs so don't mind the boring bits as I do talk to myself a lot. But will take good company.

thanks

Thanks guys, well I am just going for the climbs so don't mind the boring bits as I do talk to myself a lot. But will take good company.

thanks

nothing wrong talking to oneself from time to time. just don't get into an argument...

Edited by worriesnot

nothing wrong talking to oneself from time to time. just don't get into an argument...

Well it is mostly when I need expert advice....haha

I have ridden it alone quite a few times, unfortunately this is SA and you take your chances, nothing is for certain. I know the guys in the Maanhaarand area have had some crime but that more house breaking etc. One of the venues I deal with is at the base of the pass and they have reported no issues....

Anybody got a gpx file of the route?

ja... send me a pm with your email and I'll mail to you

My mate & I did it 3-times in April. The only thing you need to worry about it your technical skills when doing high speed descents.

Make sure you have cash for the parking and post-ride-beer at Berlouri Farm

So I did it over the weekend and it most enjoyable. Thanks again for all the feedbacks

• 7 months later...

Hi All

I would like to do Breedts this holiday period for some base training with my son in preparation for his school racing season coming up in 2017.

We'we done Breedts in the past on weekends and parked at the farm. My question is if parking at the farm is available during week days?

Regards

• 4 years later...

strava says Hekpoort to Bird Cafe is 31.6km. 550m climbing, 484m descent. 

Edited by 100Tours