Niner launch new Air 9 RDO

News bot

Niner's history is rooted in the evolution of mountain biking. From the introduction of our first hardtail, we've worked tirelessly to push the limits of what people think is possible when it comes to the construction, geometry and handling of premium bicycles. The R[E]volution that began with the RKT 9 RDO continues with the new AIR 9 RDO. Bigger is Still Better, your Big Wheel Crush is now faster and more refined.

Click here to view the article

Love it. Looks the part.

Will patiently wait for the new Jet 9 equivalent...

Love it. Looks the part.

Will patiently wait for the new Jet 9 equivalent...

Why wait? Buy the RKT!!!!! Now.

Why wait? Buy the RKT!!!!! Now.

tbh, I love the Jet's curves way more, RKT is for serious guys, I hardly fall in that category.

Same old same old .... I would love to see something really novel come out. So all thats happening now is a change of colour, and the inverted shock (3 years old already), and for that they charge a fortune?

For the prices being paid, you would expect some super-new spaceage materials?

Ok, I'm a "Chinarello" fan, vowed never to buy a brand name again as I don't see the need. But damn... that dayglo coloured one... YOH.

Same old same old .... I would love to see something really novel come out. So all thats happening now is a change of colour, and the inverted shock (3 years old already), and for that they charge a fortune?

For the prices being paid, you would expect some super-new spaceage materials?

Same applies to everyone sadly but Niner is the least "normal" of the mass produced I think.

Same applies to everyone sadly but Niner is the least "normal" of the mass produced I think.

I suppose you need to ride their bikes to fully appreciate what they do.

They only build 29ers.. they have only ever built, designed and researched 29ers. Their Geo, their lengths, their tweaks and their choice of flex/material etc is all seriously researched, tested and thrashed about.

It is certainly not 'same old same old' but rather what new tweaks have they made to actually make this bike good enough to release.

They have so many scrapped projects and so many ideas under R and D it would surprise you. 

They make amazing bikes. Period.

Comparing them to a copy and paste design is much like telling me you can achieve the same in MS paint as I can in Photoshop.

I'm a complete Ninerphile and totally agree with Jewbacca (totally unbiased of course).

The window under the BB and the 27.2mm seat post shows they're taking market rends into account and trying to make their hardtail offering a little less harsh on the tush.

I'd buy one tomorrow if I didn't already have an AIR 9 RDO, AIR 9 CYA, JET 9 RDO, MCR and EMD *grin*

I'd buy one tomorrow if I didn't already have an AIR 9 RDO, AIR 9 CYA, JET 9 RDO, MCR and EMD *grin*

I dont see any bias coming through there?   ;-)

I suppose you need to ride their bikes to fully appreciate what they do.

They only build 29ers.. they have only ever built, designed and researched 29ers. Their Geo, their lengths, their tweaks and their choice of flex/material etc is all seriously researched, tested and thrashed about.

It is certainly not 'same old same old' but rather what new tweaks have they made to actually make this bike good enough to release.

They have so many scrapped projects and so many ideas under R and D it would surprise you. 

They make amazing bikes. Period.

Comparing them to a copy and paste design is much like telling me you can achieve the same in MS paint as I can in Photoshop.

Tweaking a design is a yearly thing... and angle here or there etc etc...

I am more making the point of what new lightweight materials the R&D dept are testing? Any newage metals or composites where you could say "okay paying substantially more than last year will make a massive difference".

Tweaking a design is a yearly thing... and angle here or there etc etc...

I am more making the point of what new lightweight materials the R&D dept are testing? Any newage metals or composites where you could say "okay paying substantially more than last year will make a massive difference".

I think you will find the 'paying substantially more' part is down to our current economic situation more than a hefty price increase from their side.

NINER are 1 company I will back to be on tune with their bikes vs price in a dollar situation. Their philosophies and the way their company works is awesome and much like WTB, is aimed at the end user as opposed to being a volume for profit type factory.

But each to their own. If you are expecting titanium front triangles with kevlar wrapped karbon stays weighing in at 900g (which I would love to see by the way!) I don't think the price point would be close to what we see now. 

But anyway, love the bike or not, if I raced bikes as opposed to just ride them I would seriously consider one of these. It would match my pink helmet!