Dopers suck

fandacious

Some races (like @PEPlett) have taken a hard stance against dopers and refused to allow them to race, and stripped them of titles. Other races welcome previously sanctioned cheats back with open arms.

Its time for cyclists to take a stand and say: "We refuse to pay to enter a race that allows known cheats back into the fold".

To this end I'm compiling a list of "dirty" and "awesome" races.

I'd love the community help on this, so please let me know why a race is dirty or awesome

#doperssuck

http://doperssuck.co.za

Edited by fandacious

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it is good to have a list of races that have committed to not allowing convicted dopers back.

I for one would prefer to support them, and a list like this will help us identify those events.

Anti doping events: SwartBerg100 GF, j2c, sani2c, Berg n Bush, 3 Towers.

Not so anti doping: Freedom MTB Race.

Anti doping events: SwartBerg100 GF, j2c, sani2c, Berg n Bush, 3 Towers.

Not so anti doping: Freedom MTB Race.

have they banned anyone with a doping conviction from ever entering their races, also, is there a specific instance where a winner has been stripped for a doping offence

Races not allowing dopers but with a cut off date or races that won't allow dopers irrespective of date? 

Races not allowing dopers but with a cut off date or races that won't allow dopers irrespective of date? 

primarily races that take a hard stance and say : you've cheated some point in the past, you're not welcome here ever

How about adding the list of dopers as well?

Edit:

Are you looking at only MTB or Road, Track and CX as well?

Edited by BDF

have they banned anyone with a doping conviction from ever entering their races, also, is there a specific instance where a winner has been stripped for a doping offence

three towers stripped Rourke Croeser of his finish last year if im not mistaken!

How about adding the list of dopers as well?

Edit:

Are you looking at only MTB or Road, Track and CX as well?

will add a dopers section

any race!

Not sure, this was just from Twitter.

I think that if any race that takes a public stance and says they will not allow dopers back, even with a cut off date is deserving of being listed as a anti-doping event.

If we start looking at stripping of previous wins, it seems more like a witch hunt and makes it more difficult for races to comply. It's a lot easier for an event to say, "going forward we will not allow convicted dopers back" than to go through the admin of clawbacks. Let's make its conducive to more events to pledge to not allow dopers in.

The point of this should not be about punishing old dopers, but to prevent new guys from doping!

Edited by Patchelicious

three towers stripped Rourke Croeser of his finish last year if im not mistaken!

are they banning anyone who has ever doped from entering their race again