Dopers suck

fandacious

Not sure, this was just from Twitter.

I think that if any race that's takes a public stance and says they will not allow dopers back, even with a cut off date is deserving of being listed as a anti-doping event.

If we start looking stripping of previous wins, it seems more like a witch hunt and makes it more difficult for races to comply. It's a lot easier for an event to say, "going forward we will not allow convicted dopers back" than to go through the admin of clawbacks. Let's make its conducive to more events to pledge to not allow dopers in.

The point of this should not be about punishing old dopers, but to prevent new guys from doping!

I'm with you solidly on the 2nd point - its more about saying : "We wont allow anyone with a doping convition to enter our race"

the stripping of titles is just an added bonus to show they're serious about it

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As per twitter, all corporates that currently support known cheats instead of young athletes. That will create some great exposure for the sponsors.

The only reason dopers can still ride is they still get sponsors. Make corporates sponsor non cheats. 

Once you get a list of dopers, you can add their sponsors in another column and tag them.

So if the doper had a legitimate reason (excuse) like, "my knee hurt so I took EPO by mistake", are they still a real doper of a excused doper. I mean, what if they just ate steak and chips in Spain while they were on holiday with Dr Ferrari. That is surely innocent enough?

So if the doper had a legitimate reason (excuse) like, "my knee hurt so I took EPO by mistake", are they still a real doper of a excused doper. I mean, what if they just ate steak and chips in Spain while they were on holiday with Dr Ferrari. That is surely innocent enough?

if his knee hurt so much, he would have had a TUE. If his knee was so sore that he needed a TUE, theres no way he should 1)be racing, 2)winning

cheaters will come up with any excuse.

the sanctioning committee takes all this into account before deciding to sanction - its not a kangaroo court

once you're sanctioned, you actually sign a legal document agreeing with the findings of the sanction, or you challenge the findings in court.

If they signed the doc, they're a cheat

if his knee hurt so much, he would have had a TUE. If his knee was so sore that he needed a TUE, theres no way he should 1)be racing, 2)winning

cheaters will come up with any excuse.

the sanctioning committee takes all this into account before deciding to sanction - its not a kangaroo court

once you're sanctioned, you actually sign a legal document agreeing with the findings of the sanction, or you challenge the findings in court.

If they signed the doc, they're a cheat

Oops, I forgot to make it Comic Sans Serif :whistling: 

Perhaps they should look at the list of clients

Johannesburg – East Rand police raided an illicit steroid den in Benoni on Wednesday, seizing hundreds of bottles of what is believed to be anabolic steroids.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/steroid-den-shut-down-in-benoni-20160506

You beat me to it Scotty.

Don't you stay in Benoni or is it only Tumbleweed ?

:whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

You will need to add events like the National Track championships to the dirty list.

You beat me to it Scotty.

Don't you stay in Benoni or is it only Tumbleweed ?

:whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

Tumbles, I'm next door. 

Is the Epic not also a race that bars dopers. 

Also are there any local road races that do similar or do the orgs think their races are clean. 

Edited by scotty

So if the doper had a legitimate reason (excuse) like, "my knee hurt so I took EPO by mistake", are they still a real doper of a excused doper. I mean, what if they just ate steak and chips in Spain while they were on holiday with Dr Ferrari. That is surely innocent enough?

And what about athletes that "accidentally" miss their surprised doping control .... ja the rule book says 3 are allowed to be miss in a calender year.. but when riders push that and say miss 2.. who knows what they took the day before etc? [emoji53] [emoji53]

Surely they shouldn't be allowed to miss them?

Edited by Gen

Anti doping events: SwartBerg100 GF, j2c, sani2c, Berg n Bush, 3 Towers.

Not so anti doping: Freedom MTB Race.

pretty sure David George was dicing Kevin Evans at the 2015 event...that should have caused quite a stir, not sure if they changed the status quo

What about convicted fraudsters from the corporate sector?
Or manslaughter from drunk driving, sexual assault, habitual recreational drug abuse etc?

Do one must do them all.

If I ride an event or race, I'm doing it because of what they provide for the riders and community in the area and for myself of course. Nothing else, I will not allow some other asshole's actions to deprive me of my experience. 

Good to pressure events on taking a stance, another thing altogether to roundly start slamming them as 'dirty events' because of how we personally feel. 

How about adding the list of dopers as well?

Edit:

Are you looking at only MTB or Road, Track and CX as well?

Rather stick to MTB races. If I had to ban the races where convicted dopers are allowed to race I will have to sell my bike.

Besides, it feels good to beat a known doper now and again