fandacious

From SAIDS Website:

got those - but that list doesnt seem very complete? where is DG, evans, et al

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is rad, I have made my feelings clear towards this. I am in no way a racing snake, hell I only do 1 or 2 events a year.

But if you dope go do competitive cross stitch or ten pin bowling. Don't come back. 

I doesn't seem too complete. I wondered about that too.

Never knew Owen Hannie was a doper.

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/nov03/nov06news

South African banned for steroid use:

South African cyclist Owen Hannie of the Microsoft team has been banned for six months following a positive test for the anabolic steroid, stanozolol.

Hannie underwent a voluntary test on September 27 before the Africa games. He claims the positive test resulted from him taking a product called Winstral in late February/early March after doctors refused to operate on a broken collarbone he sustained in Malaysia. "It was given to me by an old school friend who told me it would help me to recover from the break," he said.

Edited by Patchelicious

Yolande De Villiers

Austin Steyn (Vet. 2014 Amashova for Phentermine)

Joe Van Der Westhuizen (Vet 4 Oct 2014 Engen Cycle in the City Race)

Chad Short (2 May 2014 SA Track Champs for Methylhexaneamine)

Hendrik Anderson (Vet 25 Oct 2013 Cape Pioneer Trek)

Pieter Lategan (2 Nov 2013 OFM MTB Classic)

All as per CSA Press releases http://www.cyclingsa.com/anti-doping-press/?offset=1397474040000

Yolande De Villiers

All as per CSA Press releases http://www.cyclingsa.com/anti-doping-press/?offset=1397474040000

I wish they would test more vets, honestly.

Yolande De Villiers

thanks loaded them all

Should be random testing at every CSA sanctioned event. At least samples from all licenced groups.

Setup a fund to assist SAIDS and maybe volunteer. Two of the biggest issues facing SAIDS.

I must confess that while I am all for exposing the dopers, I also feel that sponsors and race organisers have the life of the sport from a competitive perspective in their hands. I would do as much as possible to keep them on board. I don't think that a boycott of the races they organise and sponsor would help the sport necessarily.

It would be great if the dopers would be more humble, admit that they cheated instead of make up all manner of excuses, accept their ban/sanction and do something among the cycling community to discourage and expose doping.

If you dont care about the sport, then this outlook is fine. 

That's fine, disagree but provide a mature reply and reasoning rather than a patently stupid remark about my character. Just because we don't see eye to eye does not mean I or others don't care. 

If nothing else your comment validated the point in my post.

I read "droppers suck" and was fully ready to get involved and reign down fire on the person who started the thread. Not really interested in discussing doping so I'll move right along.

That list doesn't seem to have any of the codes updated since 2012 sadly. Would imagine it's a mammoth task admin wise, hopefully they intended to update that database.

It's a great resource with a good knowledge base and goes a long way into providing transparency, IF kept up to date.

Another really good resource is the app for checking medicine against the WADA list, that as far as I know is up to date. 

It would be great if the dopers would be more humble, admit that they cheated instead of make up all manner of excuses, accept their ban/sanction and do something among the cycling community to discourage and expose doping.

It would be great if the rand went back down to R2/$1 as well. Back here in reality, things are a little difference

Also, the epic has no problem banning cheats. Why should any other race feel uncomfortable doing it

Edited by fandacious

For how long should a person be punished? These guys were caught, they have been punished, they have served their sentence. You cannot keep on ostracising them for past mistakes.

Take Owen Hannie as an example. He was bust in 2000. That is 16 years ago. Now people are opening up old wounds. He has done more for cycling since then than most Hubbers put together.

Those of you that are intent on boycotting events that allow "rehabilitated dopers" to compete, put your money where your mouth is and cancel your Supersport subscription. If you are prepared to boycott events that allow ex-dopers, then boycott Supersport for employing ex-dopers.