Dopers suck

fandacious

So I guess Knox will be flooding the classified section selling his stuff to pay back the money?

You get a Norco and you get a Norco - everyone gets a Norco!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the past, you have raced as a teammate with three riders that have been caught for using performance-enhancing practices/substances. This, combined with your ability to put minutes into your South African rivals has raised widespread suspicion about whether you are also doping. What is your position on this situation?

I do not dope. My racing results have been consistent from when I turned professional in 2006, through the implementation of the ADAMS system in 2009 and the implementation of the biological passport in 2012. I’m fully committed to clean sport.

Regarding former teammates, yes that is true. But I have also competed with other athletes who are world-class and clean, for example Kohei Yamamoto (2x Cape Epics), Thomas Zahnd (Cape Pioneer Trek), Christoph Sauser (Cape Pioneer Trek, Transalp), Mannie Heymans and Adrien Niyonshuti, to name just a few.

Obviously, it’s very disappointing when athletes choose to cross that line. However, I have no control over what other athletes choose to do. I can only focus on myself. At the end of the day every man and woman needs to make their own choices in life and face the consequences of their own actions. I don’t expect to be judged for another person’s actions, just as I wouldn’t expect someone else to be judged for my actions.

And he nogal boasts about the biological passport lol...and that is what nailed him

It looks like they let him dig himself nice and deep

“he will be stripped of all his titles from June 16, 2015 and will have to return all prize money, prizes and medals gained since that date.”

I can already see him, Kevin & DG entering as a 3-man team in a 2-man team competition  :ph34r:  

As long as they wear their watches on the same wrist, they should be fine (ask the Motsoeneng brothers)

Who has the "quiet on social media = doping theory"?

It always holds fast. 

The best is seeing the posts on the dates they are served with the letters etc. 

Always something about fighting demons etc wada wada wads

Does anyone know if SA anti doping actually regularly check the biological passports..or if they only really start looking at it after a tip off.

Well done Gawie Combrink - 2016 National Marathon Champ.

Pity he never got to wear the green'n'gold for another year as back to back champion....thanks Max!

Are you sure he is clean..ek vra maar net..cause this all seems like SA mountain biking is very very dirty

Are you sure he is clean..ek vra maar net..cause this all seems like SA mountain biking is very very dirty

No I'm not but my plan is to give riders the benefit of the doubt until/when/if they're bust.

Wonder when SAIDS will update the list to show the latest two caught as well as the lady removed from the list?

So I guess Knox will be flooding the classified section selling his stuff to pay back the money?

All items posted by new Hubber ‘NotMaxKnox’.

It looks like they let him dig himself nice and deep

“he will be stripped of all his titles from June 16, 2015 and will have to return all prize money, prizes and medals gained since that date.”

Not nearly far enough back. Should pay back from 2010 onwards.

been look at the SAIDS site and clicked on the TUE link and who needs etc, then noticed this.

Athletes who compete in the elite category at the senior national championship events (includes road, track, mountain bike and BMX championships). Additional events include athletes entered in the elite category of the Cape Epic, Joberg2C, Sani2C, Cape Pioneer, Nissan Trailseeker and National Mountain Bike series

Can someone explain this....the way I understand is that only ELITE catogory will be tested at these events.

So way was (Baaicyclist i think) tested at the Epic?