Dopers suck

fandacious

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was thinking the other day.............it all is a bit of a shitshow really.

Our current Elite MTB XCM champ is a caught doper and banned for life at the epic but 6 years later she kicks everyone's ass at Nationals.

How can one trust any result these days?  

Edit:  Marathon champ

Agree 100%

As my previous post what amazes me is how current sponsors honestly believe that none of that negative publicity doesn’t rub off on them. All they are seen as someone that sponsors previous dopers.

Agree 100%

As my previous post what amazes me is how current sponsors honestly believe that none of that negative publicity doesn’t rub off on them. All they are seen as someone that sponsors previous dopers.

I don't even know who sponsors De Villiers.

Was thinking the other day.............it all is a bit of a shitshow really.

Our current Elite MTB XCM champ is a caught doper and banned for life at the epic but 6 years later she kicks everyone's ass at Nationals.

How can one trust any result these days?  

Edit:  Marathon champ

This. It is not suspicious at all that this lady (Ex doper) in her 50's is racing (and winning)  the much younger ladies? She also seems to choose her races quite carefully. I assume we will only see the SA jersey then at the attakwas. :ph34r:

This. It is not suspicious at all that this lady (Ex doper) in her 50's is racing (and winning)  the much younger ladies? She also seems to choose her races quite carefully. I assume we will only see the SA jersey then at the attakwas. :ph34r:

I get its open season on the hub to throw insults at anyone who ever tested positive but some perspective can also be good

Not in her 50s yet and technically she was never caught for a performance enhancer, was a substance that can potentially mask doping. (Personally I think there is at least the possibility that she was careless and didn't dope) 

I dare say the fact that she won is more indicative of the lack of quality in the small field she competed against rather than some suspiciously strong performance.

You are seriously a bunch of special people, you wouldnt give anyone any credit. bunch of keybord warriors

You are seriously a bunch of special people, you wouldnt give anyone any credit. bunch of keybord warriors

Well.... Yes and no.

The problem with cycling, the history of cycling and the way things tend to go, if there is smoke, there is usually fire.

Without the name-calling, what is your position on the matter in this discussion as it is a delicate topic?

Why can this performance be credible?

Well.... Yes and no.

The problem with cycling, the history of cycling and the way things tend to go, if there is smoke, there is usually fire.

The real issue being the lack of testing ....

With more testing the rotten apples will be weeded out.

Without testing "this lady" (and all other winners) has no way to prove that these results are the culmination of hard work during the lockdown ....

The ban is there to punish the convict...no salary for 2 or 4 years! 

Coming back after that must be hell of a difficult...you must have thick skin, because everyone suspects you are back on the needle.

People push the boundaries @ work, relationships, traffic rules etc. 

Once you are above "re"approach, you wont be from this world anymore.

Edit: spelling :)

Edited by Jakkals.

This. It is not suspicious at all that this lady (Ex doper) in her 50's is racing (and winning)  the much younger ladies? 

Oscar Sevilla says hi.

I've never heard of this lady nor know anything about the topic. But, from what I've just read - she won epic '07, podiumed '15, won marathon champs '20 / '21 (?), that's a really long time to be at the top of your game. Vitamin S and weak field aside, I'm impressed.

Sorry, thats all, no value add.

The ban is there to punish the convict...no salary for 2 or 4 years!

Coming back after that must be hell of a difficult...you must have thick skin, because everyone suspects you are back on the needle.

People push the boundaries @ work, relationships, traffic rules etc.

Once you are above approach, you wont be from this world anymore.

The problem is that the sentence punishes the crime not the attitude.

Once you cross that line and dope it shows lack of moral fibre - perhaps the shock did correct the moral problem - or not. All we know is that she has the ability to bend her morals into cheating. And sadly (for her) you can't prove you're better because people have proof that you were worse.

Or it could be that she did unintentionally take a masking agent. Only she knows that answer.

And grammar nazi comment of the Day - it's "above reproach" :-)

Edited by Eldron