Dopers suck

fandacious

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, a lot of the prima donna SA "pro's" do think they are above approach...

Hahaha big fish small pond syndrome.

That said - most of the pros (local or otherwise) I've met have been pretty cool.

All cyclists are cooler than civilians!

Redemption, personal growth

No place for this on the hub

My morals are certainly better than they were when I was younger

I don’t condone cheating in any form but I have lied, cheated and done things of which I’m not proud - they lead me to an improved version of myself

A little less judgement goes a long way and it’s sorely lacking in this world

And I’ll hop off my soapbox and onto my bike now

Edited by Wayne pudding Mol

The problem is that the sentence punishes the crime not the attitude.

Once you cross that line and dope it shows lack of moral fibre - perhaps the shock did correct the moral problem - or not. All we know is that she has the ability to bend her morals into cheating. And sadly (for her) you can't prove you're better because people have proof that you were worse.

Or it could be that she did unintentionally take a masking agent. Only she knows that answer.

And grammar nazi comment of the Day - it's "above reproach" :-)

Pretending one has the master moral code that will allow you to judge anybody else absolutely is a dangerous place to be.

That said - most of the pros (local or otherwise) I've met have been pretty cool.

Of the few TdF winners I have spoken to, Eddy was cool, Greg LeM was cooler and was very encouraging to my daughters, Big Mig dropped back onto my wheel and laughed going up Llandudno, Chris was happy to chat, Evans looked hungover at breakfast the day after, but was happy to accept congratulations.

Mr60% was a nasty drunk and the only guy not to have won but displays 7 yellow jerseys was so not cool that he was not prepared to mix with the rabble.

Wait, what's happening here ....

Hubbers going all soft on suspected dopers .... since when is proof needed to tar and feather people ....

en nogal op n VRYDAG ...

Pretending one has the master moral code that will allow you to judge anybody else absolutely is a dangerous place to be.

Judging people and accusing them of having the master moral code is also a rather dangerous place to be don't you think?

Of the few TdF winners I have spoken to, Eddy was cool, Greg LeM was cooler and was very encouraging to my daughters, Big Mig dropped back onto my wheel and laughed going up Llandudno, Chris was happy to chat, Evans looked hungover at breakfast the day after, but was happy to accept congratulations.

Mr60% was a nasty drunk and the only guy not to have won but displays 7 yellow jerseys was so not cool that he was not prepared to mix with the rabble.

At the 2019 SA TT at Rooiwal, IMPEY demolished the field, was 100% spent. 15s later, as he rolled to get to his recovery drink and some shade, I stopped him for a photo. He happily obliged and even smiled in the photo.

Also rode alongside AMP along various parts of the 947, think it was 2018.

Cyclists are above-average lekker okes, and okets(I'm guessing that is the female version of okes)

Judging people and accusing them of having the master moral code is also a rather dangerous place to be don't you think?

What do I think?

I guess they way I worded it deserves this response and I apologize.

What do I think?

I took your comment a bit too seriously as well - no hard feelings.

What do I think?

I took your comment a bit too seriously as well - no hard feelings.

look at you guys acting like grown ups...

At the 2019 SA TT at Rooiwal, IMPEY demolished the field, was 100% spent. 15s later, as he rolled to get to his recovery drink and some shade, I stopped him for a photo. He happily obliged and even smiled in the photo.

Also rode alongside AMP along various parts of the 947, think it was 2018.

Cyclists are above-average lekker okes, and okets(I'm guessing that is the female version of okes)

I met Burry a few times and he was always really pleasant.  Never got the feeling that he felt he was doing a favor by chatting to me.  And I rode with Cherise and her Dad a few times too and she was very cool.  And I recently got to meet our naturalized SA Triathlete Emma Pallant-Browne who is really down to earth and a good laugh.

Come to think of it, I have been lucky to meet a few top SA athletes, and the only one who I felt behaved like an absolute d*ck was our first RWC captain.  That surprised me.  The best to date?  Has to be Brad Binder - that guy is just pure Krugersdorp!  If you didn't know any better he's just the guy next door washing his MX bike in the yard and apologizing for wetting your wall.

By and large I think SA Athletes are all just pretty cool people.