Dopers suck

fandacious

May I point out that I'm a die hard Lance fan. Greatest TdF winner in history.

(Y'all remember I named my son after him...)

You named your son EPO??

LOL i kid i kid, I love the bloke too.

I still say, if you have given every rider at the time the same PED's Lance was taking, he would still have won everything he did. I may be wrong, I may be right, but we will never know.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also still have my Livestrong band on my arm. I wear it as a reminder of all the cancer patients out there and the friends and family I've lost to cancer. 

From the 1st time I put it over my wrist up until today, it has never ever been taken off. When I was still playing cricket and football I had to put tape over it to cover it up as it bulged when trying to put it under my glove straps, mainly for football though as it wasn't allowed as no accessories are. It's extremely thin now and stretched, everytime my 5yr old daughter pulls on it i get scared it's going to snap but hasn't as yet.(If anyone has a yellow Livestrong band laying about, Please let me know)

Released statements like that just pang of... 'we wrote this for when we got caught'.

There are far better and non banned HBP meds. It's always so convenient that the cyclist is caught taking banned meds for an illness/condition which has non banned meds but creates doubt..... It's like a clever doctor says 'if we dope and mask it with X, we can say we were taking X for this and BOOM!'

Said doctor can also create illegible scribbles of HBP in his file so there is a 'history'. 

Super legit..... Not at all transparent.  :mellow:

Edited by Jewbacca

He was my hero, and I CHOOSE to read selectively on this topic, when it gets to LANCE.

I would like to believe he was tested, as per the rules of the time, and he passed those tests in accordance with the rules of the time .... coming long after the fact and stating that he "worked the system" to the max ... tough .... 

By all means, live and learn.  See how the clever TEAMS work the system, and continually update the rules.  But applying it after the fact ,,, uhm ... nope ....

PS - I am pretty sure there may well be some rules that he did break, that was applicable at the time.  Getting away with it points to the flaws in the system at the time ..... 

O-well, this is the emotional rantings of a Lance follower.  :whistling:   :ph34r:   I certainly have way too little factual knowledge of the topic .... and if such knowledge may sully the image of my hero, I dare not do my homework ...  ^_^

I prefer to see him as a person that PUSHED the limits, and passed the tests of the day .... 

Emotions aside - the only way to clean up sports .... LOTS more testing !!  You podium, you get tested !

Edited by ChrisF

He was my hero, and I CHOOSE to read selectively on this topic, when it gets to LANCE.

I would like to believe he was tested, as per the rules of the time, and he passed those tests in accordance with the rules of the time .... coming long after the fact and stating that he "worked the system" to the max ... tough .... 

By all means, live and learn.  See how the clever TEAMS work the system, and continually update the rules.  But applying it after the fact ,,, uhm ... nope ....

PS - I am pretty sure there may well be some rules that he did break, that was applicable at the time.  Getting away with it points to the flaws in the system at the time ..... 

O-well, this is the emotional rantings of a Lance follower.  :whistling:   :ph34r:   I certainly have way too little factual knowledge of the topic .... and if such knowledge may sully the image of my hero, I dare not do my homework ...  ^_^

I prefer to see him as a person that PUSHED the limits, and passed the tests of the day .... 

Emotions aside - the only way to clean up sports .... LOTS more testing !!  You podium, you get tested !

Like the guy, love the guy, have posters all over the wall etc but you don't have to force yourself to believe he is innocent to support him.

The two things can be mutually exclusive.

post-8018-0-98311600-1620722307_thumb.jpg

I also still have my Livestrong band on my arm. I wear it as a reminder of all the cancer patients out there and the friends and family I've lost to cancer. 

From the 1st time I put it over my wrist up until today, it has never ever been taken off. When I was still playing cricket and football I had to put tape over it to cover it up as it bulged when trying to put it under my glove straps, mainly for football though as it wasn't allowed as no accessories are. It's extremely thin now and stretched, everytime my 5yr old daughter pulls on it i get scared it's going to snap but hasn't as yet.(If anyone has a yellow Livestrong band laying about, Please let me know)

Really, how much Kool-Aid did you drink?

Lance (and his team) took the banned substance EPO and got away with it because the test for it didn't exist.

Then his sources said a test had been developed and he moved onto bloodbags. Also illegal, but a test didn't exist.

Lance (and his team) took the banned substance EPO and got away with it because the test for it didn't exist.

Then his sources said a test had been developed and he moved onto bloodbags. Also illegal, but a test didn't exist.

Do you need a TUE for Kool-Aid? Asking for an uninformed Pro friend?

You left out HGH and Testosterone... Good old "lunch bags" given to the "special" Postal riders before key stages.

It wasnt that a test didnt exist. They just manipulated the system. The haematocrit level was 50, so they tested themselves to make sure they stayed just under the limit. And if necessary, squeezed a saline drip into their system just before a test to dilute the numbers.

I certainly have way too little factual knowledge of the topic .... and if such knowledge may sully the image of my hero, I dare not do my homework ...  ^_^

The biography of Ted Kaczynski looks fantastic if you ignore the last few chapters.   

Why do we whinge and whinge about teams like Postal, when there are STILL team like "post rest day off the front long sleeve freight train" ASTANA who have more riders popping than a teenagers face. 

Because we suspect they do but know that Postal did?

hey .... this is my hero ....

facts has no place in hero worship ...

THIS is the crux of this still ongoing roller coaster ... "rules of the time" AND "tests of the time" ....  Dont for one second think the current crowd is not ahead of the current rules and tests .... sadly this is BIG business ....

It wasnt that a test didnt exist. They just manipulated the system. The haematocrit level was 50, so they tested themselves to make sure they stayed just under the limit. And if necessary, squeezed a saline drip into their system just before a test to dilute the numbers.

It is fair to say that a test for EPO didn't exist. They were testing hematocrit and using 50% as an arbitrary limit. It's still not a test for EPO. 

JIP ...

and thus the term "systemic doping" was coined ....

Thanks to the likes of Lance AND the riders of the era, "passing a test", ie being under a set limit on that day, was no longer good enough.