Dopers suck

fandacious

Yawn

All this Lance talk. My take? Cheat. Got what was coming. It doesn't remove how much I loved watching him ride.

Same as that Kazakh dude who won the olympics. The tour he road for T-mobile when he just attacked attacked attacked despite being covered in bandages doing his best impression of Arnold Vosloo in the Mummy.

Rasmussen was also super fun to watch.

Cheats the lot of them. Wouldn't trust them alone in my house with my family.

But it isn't a pre-requisite to be a decent person to be a brilliant sportser/entertainer.

nice guys finish last...

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drugs don't affect people equally so you cant draw a straight line backwards and compare.

That and we dont have a clue who took how much, what and when so any kind of dirty/clean comparison is purely emotional.

Classic example is the hematocrit thing. Setting the limit at 50% means that people who naturally hover around 42, say, had a lot to gain from EPO. Whereas people naturally at or near 50% gained very little. It's like giving basketball players a pill that will make you 7ft tall, it won't help all of them.  

And riders had a different appetite for risk with regard to cheating. In a test unrelated to bike racing, pantani once tested with a hematocrit value of 60%. It was after he'd been in an accident and was tested in hospital. So would his incredible mountain escapades have been possible if he was just cheating the same amount as everyone else? 

It made for great viewing at the time but when I go down nostalgic youtube rabbit holes I don't look much at the 90s and 2000s as it may as well be a work of fiction. I prefer the 70s and 80s when they just used good old amphetamines. 

Why do we whinge and whinge about teams like Postal, when there are STILL team like "post rest day off the front long sleeve freight train" ASTANA who have more riders popping than a teenagers face. 

Because LA was a douche bag and he / they won 7 TDF races

Classic example is the hematocrit thing. Setting the limit at 50% means that people who naturally hover around 42, say, had a lot to gain from EPO. Whereas people naturally at or near 50% gained very little. It's like giving basketball players a pill that will make you 7ft tall, it won't help all of them.  

And riders had a different appetite for risk with regard to cheating. In a test unrelated to bike racing, pantani once tested with a hematocrit value of 60%. It was after he'd been in an accident and was tested in hospital. So would his incredible mountain escapades have been possible if he was just cheating the same amount as everyone else? 

It made for great viewing at the time but when I go down nostalgic youtube rabbit holes I don't look much at the 90s and 2000s as it may as well be a work of fiction. I prefer the 70s and 80s when they just used good old amphetamines. 

That was a helluva tragic tale. His mother could never let it go either, convinced it was a murder conspiracy linked to the mafia.

If there was a super like button I'd have used it for this post!

Drugs don't affect people equally so you cant draw a straight line backwards and compare.

That and we dont have a clue who took how much, what and when so any kind of dirty/clean comparison is purely emotional.

So you agree, that because we don't know who took what and how they react to different types of substances, ANY coulda/woulda arguments are not supported by science but rather opinion.

From horse racing

When winning horse failed a dopping test ☢️

Baffert says one test issue was created by a groom urinating in the stall after the groom had been taking cough medicine. Horse ate some of the hay.

From horse racing

Baffert says one test issue was created by a groom urinating in the stall after the groom had been taking cough medicine. Horse ate some of the hay.

Was that horse called Alberto by any chance?

From horse racing

Totally believable... these things happen.

Don't forget this gem from the father of one of our current superstars...

ADRI VAN DER POEL'S PIGEON PIE

Strychnine is a substance better known as a rodent poison, but in small doses has the effect of helping tired leg muscles. Dutch pro Adri van der Poel tested positive for it in 1983 and blamed the result on eating a pigeon pie made with his father-in-law's racing pigeons which had been doped with the substance.

Strychnine is a substance better known as a rodent poison, but in small doses has the effect of helping tired leg muscles. Dutch pro Adri van der Poel tested positive for it in 1983 and blamed the result on eating a pigeon pie made with his father-in-law's racing pigeons which had been doped with the substance.

My Mom likes MvDP, me not so much. I call him Pigeon, she gets cross with me when I say it :D .

wasnt his father inlaw Raymond Poulidor....................

From horse racing

Did he take cough medicine because his throat was feeling a little hoarse?

Edited by FootballingCyclist

You guys must be new around here, we like MvP, therefore he is clean!

So, If I say he's a tonsil in that white pant of his, you lot will be upset?