Dopers suck

fandacious

On 5/11/2021 at 11:22 AM, Patchelicious said:

It is quite amazing that ASTANA celebrate 15 years as a pro cycling team this year.

The amount the Kazakh business group have ploughed into this project must be astounding, over this time. Even the actual city Astana has been renamed during this time to Nur-sultan (after first president and long time dictator, famous guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nursultan_Nazarbayev who is still alive and very much in charge)

They currently have 9 Kazakh riders on their squad. 

then there's the continental squad that was stopped in 2020

Astana City 2019 (procyclingstats.com)

but the i guess related Vino4Eva team forges ahead

https://www.procyclingstats.com/team/vino-astana-motors-2020/overview/

go check out their twitface https://www.facebook.com/Vino-Astana-Motors-166672933965361

Edited by Shebeen

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

What's unique about this is how Katie responded to Denise Betsema 'problem' where she had a doping positive but was able to show which dodgy supplement and where/when it was ingested. UCI listened  and she got a 6 month suspension and was back racing Feb last year. however she was tarred and feathered by the anti doping lynch mob. I for one believe Denise's case was genuine, she might have been naive but did not intentionally dope. $h!t happens, its real. Katie (and other North Americans like Nash, Kabushka et al) would have none of it, damning her to the abyss of dopers. Katie was particularly viscous on Twitter.

"This is such bull ****, a rider tests positive TWICE for anabolic steroids & she gets a 6month off-season ban? ⁦@UCI_cycling ⁩ lets clean athletes down yet again."

"Not her fault isn’t an excuse and I’m tired of hearing the same thing from every athlete with a positive dope test. Every clean athlete is over it. Something needs to change."

@KatieFnCompton Jan 21, 2020

Her mate Katerina Nash:

"The principle of strict liability in Anti-Doping is very clear. Intentional or unintentional means the same result - guilty! Athletes are 100% responsible for what goes in our body at all times. I'll always follow these rules and fight for #cleansport in all possible ways."

@katkanash· Jan 21, 2020

Ja, ja, ja.

14 minutes ago, Spinnekop said:

This from Katie just over a year ago............

cSIRSUp.jpg

According to USADA, Compton tested positive for an anabolic agent during an out-of-competition test administered on September 16, 2020. - Velonews

Athletes should be less vociferous about anti doping and talk more about the cracks in the system that could result in positives.

being 100% responsible for what you out into your body is an unattainable goal unless you grow your own food using your own manufactured fertiliser. You better be well versed in the concept of cradle to grave as it relates to the food supply chain.

if you're using supplements there's a fairly good chance you'll have something banned present in your system at a point in time. Getting caught or not becomes luck of the draw despite all the quality assurance measures in place. There is always a chance something slips through

6 minutes ago, Eldron said:

Good old social media. It is permanent so any words used in your life time get merrily tossed in your face when the shoe is on your foot ????

"For one to be a goo liar, one has to have a perfect memory" - Not sure who said this, Confucius or some such clever quote maker...

Hard to accept/imagine/fathom Katie knowingly doped, she is such a CX legend. In my opinion what this does show is cracks in the system BUT, as I say, what is unique here is that she was so outspoken about others (namely Denise) who unfortunately had problems in this regard. And now it happens to her....

2 hours ago, RocknRolla said:

"For one to be a goo liar, one has to have a perfect memory" - Not sure who said this, Confucius or some such clever quote maker...

Excellent quote - which makes me a lousy liar because my memory is pants. But you will always remember the truth, Safer bet.

5 hours ago, RocknRolla said:

Abe Lincoln said, “No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar”.

Did anyone watch the German Documentary referred to in Katie Comptons press release on Cycling News? Very scary if you are an athlete, you can be 'infected' by merely having a substance dabbed on your skin during a handshake or pat on the back, the amount is sufficient to be an immediate 4 year ban.