Dopers suck

fandacious

9 minutes ago, Brett MTBer said:

Did anyone watch the German Documentary referred to in Katie Comptons press release on Cycling News? Very scary if you are an athlete, you can be 'infected' by merely having a substance dabbed on your skin during a handshake or pat on the back, the amount is sufficient to be an immediate 4 year ban. 

Hence I believe we are far too quick to tar and feather.

for me i always looks at whether there were stand out performances through the period that led up to the positive sample. Often theres nothing then boom.

Pharmstrong, CannaLandis, Croeser, Grobert Meirhaege,  etc etc all suddenly became good then boom suspended.

Others get caught for trivial stuff that they term masking agents but are also legitimate medication for legitimate health issues. The rules are the rule but there's no need to tar and feather when its clear that the rules also overreach for the purposes of effective deterrent. I wonder how we will view our reactions in 20yrs when doping controls are more effective?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, kosmonooit said:

Hard to accept/imagine/fathom Katie knowingly doped, she is such a CX legend. In my opinion what this does show is cracks in the system BUT, as I say, what is unique here is that she was so outspoken about others (namely Denise) who unfortunately had problems in this regard. And now it happens to her....

LOL

22 hours ago, kosmonooit said:

Hard to accept/imagine/fathom Katie knowingly doped, she is such a CX legend. In my opinion what this does show is cracks in the system BUT, as I say, what is unique here is that she was so outspoken about others (namely Denise) who unfortunately had problems in this regard. And now it happens to her....

It seems she passed  the standard test but got bust by a new, more specific test.

Expect more "clean" athletes to get pinged.

ps. I see one of the UK silver medalists in the 4x100 tested positive. His mates must be happy with him as they hand their medals back.

The sooner we all realize that professional sport and sport in general is littered with PED's the sooner we can all act less surprised/shocked and disappointed in our idols. It is evident in all sport, no matter the country, age category or discipline. 

Happy Friday.

11 minutes ago, eddy said:

His mates must be happy with him as they hand their medals back.

Like they aren't using the same or similar products anyway? 

Bringing it back to Compton, being popped for an anabolic is just bush league. 

As the UK sprinter shows us, SARMS and associated hormone antagonists are the way forward, especially if there is any aerobic component to the sport.

2 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Like they aren't using the same or similar products anyway? 

You know that the sin is not in the taking but in the getting caught...????

37 minutes ago, wattnow said:

The sooner we all realize that professional sport and sport in general is littered with PED's the sooner we can all act less surprised/shocked and disappointed in our idols. It is evident in all sport, no matter the country, age category or discipline. 

Happy Friday.

There is the problem right there....they are just humans like us, and their **** still stinks (albeit a bit more enhanced)

I have to say that it is a nerve wracking experience. I shot competitively, have my Protea Colours and was fairly successful and blessed in my endeavours. When Drugfreesport SA ask you to step aside and pee in the little vial, you suddenly start worrying about that Disprin you took two weeks ago!!! It is almost a case of you don’t know what you don’t know. And then the wait for the results  ????

I don’t know how you can knowingly dope and live with the stress but I suppose anything for that extra edge. And yes I was clean every time. I stayed away from any and all supplements and medication and even things like energy drinks. Too much hard work, time and dedication to throw away on testing positive for something that was taken in ignorance or innocently. 

Edited by Mars1967

• 2 months later...

"I'm tired of pills in sport. They may be legal pills, but I'm tired of pills in cycling and I think it's grotesque that it has to be so obvious," Wacker told Feltet.dk.

"It's so obvious. In the big races, people ride around with little containers in their pockets with pills and so on. I've never wanted to take anything myself, and then you know that in all the finals, the others are taking something you're not taking. There are painkillers and caffeine among other things. It's absolutely ridiculous the amount people take

Just in case y'all thought the sport was clean.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/young-danish-rider-retires-cites-rampant-use-of-pills-in-pro-peloton/

3 minutes ago, Eldron said:

Pills doesn't necessarily mean dirty...

i recently started on Creatine, Beta Alanine, Omega 3 (Dr for my eyes post lasik), L Glutamine, CLA 3000 and BCAA's.

all with a protein shake after a hard ride.

i can tell you i take 1/4th the recommended dose of all the above and its still something like 12 tablets. it would be insane trying to keep up with the recommended dosage!

my take is that i just want to fill any gap that my diet may be missing. 

do i think it helps? - yes. i believe it helped me recover faster in a period of hard training. i doubt it would make any difference if you are not in a difficult phase of structured training.

but i totally get his view, if riders are taking the full dosages they would be popping handfuls of pills like smarties.

and i am certain they are taking way more than what i listed above.

12 minutes ago, Eldron said:

Pills doesn't necessarily mean dirty...

Shall we call it grubby, or slightly soiled then?