JUMA 2016

button

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done juma had a blast on the 54. So much better than last time. Zero bottlenecks fast and furious.

Really good event , the orange colored bunting was very diffucut to follow . I don't know anyone in A group that didn't go wrong at some point . It's great to do an event that's so different for a change .

Who else saw the motor bike leading A go down ??? He fell hard ....

Jules, did you ask them to EFT your prize money in the mean time?

Jules absolutely thrashed the SS race!

Had loads of fun, small batches, great route.

Only part I can really fault was, going through innesfree ( sp) park, all the trash was saddening.

Enjoyed the compulsory portages, gave the legs a chance to recover from a very fast paced SS Race.

Jules was so fast, I did not even see him in the batch.

Basicaly rode the whole race with 2 other SS ers, and the company in a race was great for a change. Mellville koppies was the last knife in my legs, and I got left at the floating bridge, had barely enough for the finish.

Got over the line in just under 2:50

Will be back for the next one

Edited by RocknRolla

Juma was brilliant. To the nay sayers, you missed a well organised event.

Only gripe was the damaged culvert exit ramp in the golf course. Was a 15 min delay but at least we got to watch some good putting. In Juma defence, they had guys doing running repairs so as to try keep things moving.

Well done to all the marshalls and those involved in any way.

Melville koppies were pretty rough

Had loads of fun, small batches, great route.

Only part I can really fault was, going through innesfree ( sp) park, all the trash was saddening.

Enjoyed the compulsory portages, gave the legs a chance to recover from a very fast paced SS Race.

Jules was so fast, I did not even see him in the batch.

Basicaly rode the whole race with 2 other SS ers, and the company in a race was great for a change. Mellville koppies was the last knife in my legs, and I got left at the floating bridge, had barely enough for the finish.

Got over the line in just under 2:50

Will be back for the next one

Yeah I think we rode together virtually all the way. I was on the silver Momsen.

Absolutely awesome event. I bought a plot 4km from 22km end, and cracked my hip. **** to be in hospital, but a super super race. Most fun, and best organized of the races I've done (can't speak for the last 4km ????)

Yep. It wasnt bad. Even racing from P batch. It was clear that an enormous amount of work had been done on the route. The Anatomic tunnel was awesome. Can't ride stuff like that anywhere else.

Hopefully the positive feedback will mean this race happens next year and becomes a fixture.

Absolutely awesome event. I bought a plot 4km from 22km end, and cracked my hip. **** to be in hospital, but a super super race. Most fun, and best organized of the races I've done (can't speak for the last 4km ????)

Sorry to hear that - heal up soon and well.

I took a fall on the grey plastic over the golf course - stupid stuff to use as its deadly slippery when wet - and crashed into jcza who had done pretty.much tje same thing

Sorry to hear that - heal up soon and well.

I took a fall on the grey plastic over the golf course - stupid stuff to use as its deadly slippery when wet - and crashed into jcza who had done pretty much the same thing at the same spot.

Eish. Repair quickly!

I'm impressed by the effort put in by Juma ito route preparation. What a fun ride. Melville Koppies was tough on the SS when the geared okes are in granny gear and going nowhere in a hurry. The rigid fork was tough on the downhill after the Red Bull tent.

Only complaint was lack of fresh drinking water on the route. Only spot I saw water was at the Red Bull tent