Final Olympic qualifier set to draw big crowds in PE

News bot

With the Olympics little more than 3 months away, PE will be host to a truly monumental race on Saturday, 14 May. A race that will be the final deciding factor for riders like James Reid (Team Spur) and Alan Hatherly (Kargo Pro MTB) who are aiming for a spot in this year’s Olympic Team.

Click here to view the article

It is also the last chance for the Juniors , U 23's and Elites to try and qualify for selection to go to World Champs at the end of June in Czech ! A few of the racers that still need one more race within the qualifying criteria set by Cycling SA to be eligible for the team . So should be exciting racing . Good luck to all partaking !!

3 months to go and none of our contenders are racing overseas?

Travis Walker is racing overseas

Should we even be sending someone? I think so, but only because the olympics is so much more than just medals.

Looking at the current UCI mtb rankings these guys are ranked 46,57 and 98. They don't stand a chance, both in form and then start seeding.

Lots of fuss over sascoc not sending the 11th ranked women's hockey team.