Iwan Kemp

It is no secret that the Silverback Sesta's launch has been a long time coming, but instead of rushing to market Silverback took their time to develop and refine the bike until they were completely satisfied. And it shows.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was planning to get this frame for my son doing XCO racing, until I saw how little clearance there is between the tyre and the chainstay.  It will cause way too much problems in a muddy race.  I am almost surprised by this oversight, seeing as it was designed in Europe.

Awesome bike!  I'd love one.

No mention in the article about the change to a Fox fork? A bright orange one nogal.  And the Chaoyang tyre in the front?

No mention in the article about the change to a Fox fork? A bright orange one nogal.  And the Chaoyang tyre in the front?

Read the image caption? It's all we're going to say for now.

Iwan alluded to other parts / bits going onto the frame during the testing period in order to give them a test

I was planning to get this frame for my son doing XCO racing, until I saw how little clearance there is between the tyre and the chainstay.  It will cause way too much problems in a muddy race.  I am almost surprised by this oversight, seeing as it was designed in Europe.

My brother is riding this frame for about 5 months now and so far he never had any issues with clearance. And he is a person that is pedantic about small things like that. He did complain about the new SID though, he prefers the older FOX that was on his old bike. I wonder if that is the reason for the FOX on the test bike.   

My brother is riding this frame for about 5 months now and so far he never had any issues with clearance. And he is a person that is pedantic about small things like that. He did complain about the new SID though, he prefers the older FOX that was on his old bike. I wonder if that is the reason for the FOX on the test bike.   

Nope, like I said in the review the SID is a great match to the rear suspension and overall feel of the bike. It's been a while since I've enjoyed a 32. Admittedly the pogo / flexy feel of the 32 is less of an issue in shorter travel guise. 

I checked the clearance with the 2.25 Canis and it was good. No 100mm XC frame will have super clearance for the worst of conditions. Best I've seen to date (that I can remember now) is the new Scalpel. Ample clearance. 

Nope, like I said in the review the SID is a great match to the rear suspension and overall feel of the bike. It's been a while since I've enjoyed a 32. Admittedly the pogo / flexy feel of the 32 is less of an issue in shorter travel guise. 

A Revelation 120 has been a massive improvement over the Fox 32 on my Vipa. Works beautifully with the Fox shock. Suspect it would be great on this frame as well.

I checked the clearance with the 2.25 Canis and it was good. No 100mm XC frame will have super clearance for the worst of conditions. Best I've seen to date (that I can remember now) is the new Scalpel. Ample clearance. 

Yes, but I am fastidious, as always.  :ph34r:

Like these pics from the past Junior WC race at Cascades.  Both pics are Sesta's.  2 racers.  Both had to pack up after one lap.  But then, pretty much half the field had to abandon.  :w00t: