Ultimate in bike selection at inaugural Swartberg100 Gran Fondo race

News bot

SA’s very first Gran Fondo gravel bike race took place recently in the exquisite Swartberg Mountain region that covered a gruelling 170km route with challenging climbs totalling 2800m interspersed with exhilarating descents. Mike Posthumus took first place on a Cannondale Synapse road bike with Matthys Beukes coming in second on a Scott Scale 900 mountain bike.

Click here to view the article

Fantastic pictures! :clap:  :thumbup: Damn, ticked about missing this one  :( but also a bit relieved, because if the winners describe it as "tough" then I can just imagine how I would have bled 

Edited by DJR

Glad to say I've been there for the inaugural & will definitely be back next year.

P.s. In one of the pics you can see me in the distance being dropped from the leading pack, that's how tough & hard it was.

@DJ, close top S2C, so good training - will check if the Mrs will be keen as well. Will keep all toes to myself!

Morning guys,

Must have been tough. Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing.

Sarge