Road cycling in Centurion

DehanL

Read some previous threads which were a bit old and vague.

I am new to Centurion and am looking for road cycling routes that I can ride without being murdered, mauled, mugged, trampled, trucked or any of the other uncomfortable things I've been told about road cycling in Gauteng.

Specifically looking for a bread and butter 50km loop and also something as long as possible. Any particularly nasty climbs that I could check out?

At the moment I'm doing Supersport Park > Botha Ln > Fonteine Circle > Klapperkop and back. Which is great,but need some more help if anyone knows some cool loops.

Anything longer that goes through Pta will be awesome, but I'm sometimes out in normal-person hours , and have seen places like Botha Ln get very hairy when traffic picks up.

Lastly, where do most other elites do their group rides? I'm looking for the fastest possible company if possible.

Thanks so much for the help!

Look forward to the sugestions

Don't know places in Centurion that well.

I've saw on Strava there are some serious riders coming from Centurion via Hans Strydom- right at garsfontein- left at Bronkhorstpruit/ Kempton road- left in Lynnwood and then left in Hans Strydom back to Centurion.

Depending from where in Centurion you're coming from, this will be about 110Km plus ride. Garsfontein out has some short steepish climbs as well as Hans strydom. The roads are quite safe as well.