CycleOps unveils the Hammer

News bot

After decades of technological innovation, five evolutions of smart trainers and millions of pedal strokes, Wisconsin-based indoor bike trainer manufacturer, CycleOps, announced a new kind of indoor riding experience – the Hammer. Designed for cyclists looking to advance into the next generation of virtual trainers that seamlessly integrate with a variety of smart devices and are compatible with virtually every training application.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice looking machine. Priced similarly to kickr and neo so bike compatibility is going to be key. That 20% gradient simulation is lower than the neo (25%) but higher than kickr (15%) so it's nicely in the middle.

Price is competitive so this looks to be a winner if it manages to sinulate actual in road riding as well as neo or kickr. When will demo units be available ?

Nice looking machine. Priced similarly to kickr and neo so bike compatibility is going to be key. That 20% gradient simulation is lower than the neo (25%) but higher than kickr (15%) so it's nicely in the middle. Price is competitive so this looks to be a winner if it manages to sinulate actual in road riding as well as neo or kickr. When will demo units be available ?

Tacx...wont touch it...I know they trying to change their ways(horrendous aftermarket support and closed systems) but little too late.

Kickr has been the king for the last couple of years...purely because of of the dual broadcasting tech and compatibility with apps. 

The hammer looks it will take the title now given the price and tech. Unless wahoo has an ace up their sleeve

Nice looking machine. Priced similarly to kickr and neo so bike compatibility is going to be key. That 20% gradient simulation is lower than the neo (25%) but higher than kickr (15%) so it's nicely in the middle. Price is competitive so this looks to be a winner if it manages to sinulate actual in road riding as well as neo or kickr. When will demo units be available ?

We hoping to get a few units in the coming weeks and testing will be available at our CycleOps VIP Training Hub in Rivonia to start with..... 

Having tested the trainer in Switzerland we feel we have something really special. some key features to the Hammer are the true 142mm / 148mm axle compatibility super quiet and it's slim and compact fold up design with integrated front wheel tray.....

Looks interesting but for the hardcore cyclist outhere.

Not really...sure its a considerable investment but I would wager to say the hardcore cyclist probably prefer old school rollers and invest in power meters on the bikes themselves rather than in trainers

Smart trainers allows to weekend warrior to do indoor training without it becoming mind numbing. The nice thing about these smart / ergo trainers are that they integrate with apps like trainerroad which gives you one stop shop ito tech and training plans

All you have to do is buy a smart trainer, sign up with trainerroad, choose your goal(mtb event / tri / road events) and off you go. Based on your ftp test it will adjust its base, build and specialty phases workouts for your desired outcome. Lets say you want to do go from zero to Sani2c ready. You can choose a base fitness phase of 6 weeks, 8 week short power phase and 8 week mtb marathon speciality phase program. That will ensure you will get the most bang for your buck considering the time you spend training. It will add the workouts to a calendar and adjust the zones as you get stronger while you are progressing.

Checkit

https://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/plans

Edited by rouxtjie

just trying to think through if the rear shock movement will influence things at all.

but thanks - another option to consider on top of the kickr

just trying to think through if the rear shock movement will influence things at all.

but thanks - another option to consider on top of the kickr

you might loose a couple of watts through shock movement but its neither here nor there since it will be consistently loose x watts. Its more important to always train on the dual sus if you have done your ftp test on it.