CycleOps unveils the Hammer

News bot

Any idea how the price of Hammer compares to the other models?

Comes in at the same price ballpark as the as KICKR, at $1,199USD/1,199EUR. Local pricing of the Hammer TBC.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea how the price of Hammer compares to the other models?

We expecting the retail pricing of the Hammer to be between R20 - 25 000 however pricing will be confirmed closer to the time of arrival. 

Comes in at the same price ballpark as the as KICKR, at $1,199USD/1,199EUR. Local pricing of the Hammer TBC.

Thanks. The USD price is more what I was looking for but will see if it is available here in Germany already.

The Hammer is only expect to ship internationally around Aug / Sept. so won't be in Germany yet. 

Good to know.  I won't be able to afford it before then as well  :whistling:

We expecting the retail pricing of the Hammer to be between R20 - 25 000 however pricing will be confirmed closer to the time of arrival. 

Quite a range variance R5,000 on R20,000. US1,199 at today's rate would be R18,086 plus 14% VAT of R2,532 gives R20,618. So at R25,000 local buyers would be getting a very raw deal.

Quite a range variance R5,000 on R20,000. US1,199 at today's rate would be R18,086 plus 14% VAT of R2,532 gives R20,618. So at R25,000 local buyers would be getting a very raw deal.

Are you a Tacx distributor? or do you work for them?

Think he is just stating numbers... so fail to see your line of questioning?

I also agree the numbers don't add up to what is being quoted as a local price.  Fine to cover yourself until the trainer is here later in the year, as who knows what the forex rate will be... but would be better to quote nothing until the price is confirmed and units are available.

Everyone can work out the cost based on the USD, so if you are saving for one, then you have a good idea of the ball park figure of cash you need to find.

Think he is just stating numbers... so fail to see your line of questioning?

I also agree the numbers don't add up to what is being quoted as a local price.  Fine to cover yourself until the trainer is here later in the year, as who knows what the forex rate will be... but would be better to quote nothing until the price is confirmed and units are available.

Everyone can work out the cost based on the USD, so if you are saving for one, then you have a good idea of the ball park figure of cash you need to find steal.

Fixed.

North of 20k is a bit steep. Would love to see what Wahoo brings out this year. Kicker2 perhaps?

No. I do neither. But I can't see how US$1,199 turns into R25,000 when distributed by the official distributor who would get a distributors margin from the manufacturer.  Coolheat are the distributor for Tacx. I do trade with them as I do with about 17 other distributors.

I am a Tacx Fortius user. But it's time to upgrade so I'm very interested in the new range of direct drive trainers, with and without flywheels.

No. I do neither. But I can't see how US$1,199 turns into R25,000 when distributed by the official distributor who would get a distributors margin from the manufacturer.  Coolheat are the distributor for Tacx. I do trade with them as I do with about 17 other distributors.

I am a Tacx Fortius user. But it's time to upgrade so I'm very interested in the new range of direct drive trainers, with and without flywheels.

Yip, it's a shed-load of moola to spend on a trainer.

I used a Tacx Flow with Imagic upgrade, which I loved, until it was fried by lighting in December.

I decided to replace it with the Wahoo Kikr SNAP, which at that time (just before Nenegate) came in at 12K (think its still about the same price, but I could be wrong on that). Anyway, its brilliant, and I am really happy with it.   I am convinced that it does the same job as the direct drive machines. Ok, so it can't handle a 25% gradient - but heck, neither can I.

Another thing to remember, about the direct drive units:  If you have both Campagnolo and Shimano equipped bikes (I do), you would need to make a choice as to which you train with. The on-wheel units give you the freedom to alternate differently equipped bicycle at will.

as the hammer is only expected to arrive in sept and given our exchange rate situation fluctuating a R2 500 variance is possible by the time stock arrives hence i have said between 20 - 25k if we look on the positive side you all would be smilling at 20k would you not ?? !! 

Looks like a solid unit with ZERO rear tyre slip and compatible with the latest wireless tech!

I like...I hear several units have been sold locally already!

Looks like a solid unit with ZERO rear tyre slip and compatible with the latest wireless tech!

I like...I hear several units have been sold locally already!

Wonder what we looking at price point wise...

Nevermind...see its 20-25k. Look its a lot of moola but I can honestly say it will be the best return on investment (performance wise) you will ever get. That is if you put in the hours of course.

Edited by rouxtjie