Wow, how I wish I had an indoor trainer of sorts.

Anybody got one to exchange for 6 rolls of loo paper?

We can do the exchange outside the local grocer store. All at a distance, of course, with lots of sanitizer spraying involved.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a second hand dumb trainer from my lbs last April for R350. Used it for the first time yesterday, really not my thing but all things considering pretty happy I have it!

We did a re shuffle on the weekend, moved the tv shelf and made it smaller, also turned so that can look out the window on the treadmill.

Love that wall vinyl (or painting?)

• 2 weeks later...

A light harted post ... on a day of way too many serious stuff on the Hub ...

I am on the Western Cape SPUR school MTB WhatsApp group.  And so we all got an invite to join a group ride on Zwift.

This will be a "C Bunch" ride ... being a schools group and all ....  Now I am only doing10 minute rides, as instructed by my biokineticist.  So I recon I will join the ride, do my 10 minute plus one slow lap to cool down the legs. :thumbup:

There are four group rides on the Zwift screen, and I click on the one that looks like our ride ..... reading glasses dont really work with the screen so far away, and the text is too small, yada yada .... somehow this rocket scientist clicks on the A BUNCH ride ....  :eek:

And so the ride starts, and everybody takes off ... O-well, THEY take OFF, and am still trying to get my cadence going ....  Before I got up to speed I was all on my own .....  Think I did 3/4 of the lap when they came flying past me for lap 2 !!  :oops:

Now I am working the gears, trying to put down some power ... but I am also supposed to protect the buggered knees ...  I was 100m short of ending lap two when these super humans came flying past me once again ...

Thank goodness, this was near enough to 10 minutes, so I sat up and idled one more lap ....

WOW !!  these A bunch guys are fast .....

PAIN CAVE .... not sure if my legs or my EGO took the most pain today ...  :whistling:  :ph34r:

Edited by ChrisF

079bc6bcddd7738f9564475016f2cfac.jpg

Still a few things to do...

1. Put some rubber type flooring down.

2. Paint wall where all the bikes hang.

3. Put a proper shelf/cabinet under the TV.

4. Get some pictures/artwork up.

*** Remembering I live in Dubai so this is actually my “summer pain cave”

Edited by WrightJnr

I had said to my wife yesterday this is just what I should buy!

Today I used the ironing board, it worked surprisingly well.

post-90313-0-37613600-1586609546_thumb.png

Friend is busy with a 10 hour stint on Zwift ... team is doing a Baviaans training run.

He is using a three step folding ladder as his table ... actually seems to work very nice ! ????

I had said to my wife yesterday this is just what I should buy!

Today I used the ironing board, it worked surprisingly well.

Music stands and ironing boards probably the most popular “make a plan” options. I like the music stand because I can’t knock the iPad etc. off by accident easily. Cheap as chips as well. :-)

079bc6bcddd7738f9564475016f2cfac.jpg

Still a few things to do...

1. Put some rubber type flooring down.

2. Paint wall where all the bikes hang.

3. Put a proper shelf/cabinet under the TV.

4. Get some pictures/artwork up.

*** Remembering I live in Dubai so this is actually my “summer pain cave”

Nice tool boxes