Death to the saddle bag...long live the saddle bag!

edgarblount

I want to get rid of my saddle bag on the mtb but don't know where to put all my stuff. Maybe some of the hubbers can assist by posting photos of their set up. I'll list all the shjit in my bag and you can please tell me where to stick it.

1. 29er tjoop

2. tire levers

3. tjoopless repair kit

4. CO2 bombs and inflator

5. chain tool

6. allankey

7. en klomp ander k@k

Thanks in advance. :D

Edited by edgarblount

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to get rid of my saddle bag on the mtb but don't know where to put all my stuff. Maybe some of the hubbers can assist by posting photos of their set up. I'll list all the shjit in my bag and you can please tell me where to stick it.

1. 29er tjoop

2. tire levers

3. tjoopless repair kit

4. CO2 bombs and inflator

5. chain tool

6. allankey

7. en klomp ander k@k

Thanks in advance. :D

Like most people in our team, just make sure one dope in the team has a saddle bag and make sure he waits when you puncture. The trick is not to be the guy with saddle bag.

Like Punchear, I dumped the saddlebag and got myself a Cylinder Shape toolbox that fits into my one bottle cage.  Bought a 1 ltr water bottle and if I need more drinks I take money with me and buy something along the road.

Go Tubeless and your 1st 3 problems are solved...........well sort off. Buy yourself the Samurai Sword kit and store your tubeless repair kit in your handle bars.

Def Hydration pack.

However, on some shorter rides, like Hoogekraal after work, I dont worry with a Hydration bag. Just a bottle and off I go. If I puncture, well then I would have to walk.

same. Just my multitool under my seat and a bottle in the cage

I have the same issue. Well i was forced to be remove saddle bag after going dual suspension and i wanted a second bottle cage. Now this is the problem. I hate riding with an hydration pack so what do i do with everything?

I strapped a tjoep to my frame using isolation tape and i bought one of those hangers that you mount between cage and frame that takes my bombs. For shorter rides i just through the bomb adapter in my cellphones pouch which goes on my back but for longer rides/events i have a top tube bag which goes behind the stem where i will but tyre levers and multitool in.

Get yourself a proper saddlebag. Like a Revelate or an Apidura. Then you can carry all your k@k plus all your mate's k@k. 

And you just tell them you're training for RASA. That'll shut the fashionistas up.

;)

I don't take anything. That way I"m lighter and faster all the time when dominating segments. 

If I puncture or break a chain I can always rely on someone to help out with their carefully though out stash and that is 100% cash saving cos none of it's mine. If no one helps out it's bike on the shoulders and jog on... because cyclocross is so hot right now! 

;)