Adidas Terrex Trail Cross

Grebel

Is anybody using a pair of Adidas Terrex Trail Cross shoes as daily shoes? I have been a Merrel Chameleon Slam fan for a number of years but after a few pairs it's time for a change. Been looking around for a while now. Not into the Salamon trail shoes and there isn't anything that has caught my eye except the Adidas Terrex.

I know that they are marketed as biking/hiking shoes but was wondering how they fared when given walking duties... 

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/sits_pod14-adidas/dw/image/v2/aagl_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-adidas-MLT-Site/Sites-adidas-products/en_PT/v1463098581568/zoom/AF5967_01_standard.jpg?sw=500&sfrm=jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any hiking / running shoe should work as daily walkers as well. If it fits well and your feet are happy, go for it.

I have a pair, they're inbetween a trail run/hiking shoe. Aimed at the climbing market as an 'approach shoe' for climbs. 

Love mine, used them throughout the Epic to cover it. Comfy and robust, plus the stealth rubber is a plus when scrambling rocks etc. The only real area I'd fault them is the minimal tread pattern, not great in mud, you really need to watch your step.

(edit) Mine are a different model to yours, but still in the Terrex range 

https://www.instagram.com/p/_1F5JGIhsC/

Thanks! I haven't bought a pair yet but have been keeping an eye out for something that I feel looks good and I like the look of the Terrex Trail Cross. Something that goes well with shorts and that you can put on with a pair if jeans in the evening. Been very happy with my Merrels and can't really fault them as far as comfort and durability goes (that Vibram sole really is tough). Just thought it was time for a change. 

Was just worried about the Trail Cross being too stiff soled with them being aimed as flat pedal shoes. 

Maybe I should just give my 5-10 Impact Lows a wash and use those.....   :ph34r:

I've been looking for a pair for a while now, haven't found a pair yet.

I saw a pair in Edgars of all places a few months ago. Should have bought them when I had the chance...

thanks,

how would these compare to Spez 2FO flats? Not really a huge saving over them.

R700 more for the 2FO flats at list price

I have been wearing a pair of Salomons for a few years now and they are excellent on durability and comfort.

Having said that, I won't buy another pair as they really make my feet look longer than they are...and they fairly long as is..lol

I had Merrills before the Salomons that I really liked.

These trail cross shoes really look cool and would consider them over 5.10s for the price. As a normal everyday shoe, see no reason why they wouldn't be suited.

Try them on at a shop you find them at and walk around a bit to get an idea. Do it first in shorts, then go to another shop that has them but with pants on

????

Edited by AlanD

R700 more for the 2FO flats at list price

I think you've the price for the 2FO clip, flats are R1999.

My concern with the Adidas is the same as with 5-10s (who now owns them) as apparently their new shoes don't last very long. 

I think you've the price for the 2FO clip, flats are R1999.

My concern with the Adidas is the same as with 5-10s (who now owns them) as apparently their new shoes don't last very long. 

Seems I have indeed used the clip ones - flats are 1999 - apologies for the incorrect info

https://www.specialized.com/za/en/shoes/2fo-flat/105648

I lean towards the Adidas ones - given that I plan to walk around in them more than ride a bike with them - and neither the 510's or 2FO's really fit my feet really well.