"To be arranged"

FCH

Just looking through the classifieds section, trawling for a 28 h rim set; but then I see these adds Price: To be arranged.

Whats up with this? Surely if you are keen to sell something you dont need to make it a potential buyers responsibility to milk the price out of you.

Sorry, your last sentence make zero sense.

Sometimes you just want to get rid of something and will take the first reasonable offer. If you put a price that people will consider too high you might get no interest even though you'd consider lower offers. I'm advertising 3 front derailleurs at the moment on that basis - I could put a price that's fair relative to retail prices, but I just want something fair in return to get rid of them (whatever that might mean).

If you don't like it then just don't look at those ads - as a buyer it's also your option (which a lot of hubbers don't realise) to NOT reply to the ad.

Sorry, your last sentence make zero sense.

Which part? I have to admit I didn't spend hours reviewing what I typed... 

To put it in very simple English for you - if you don't like it, move on! 

Thanks for breaking it down to simple english- much better.

Let me rephrase, the very last part of your last sentence. If you dont state a price yet someone is actually interested in the part, how are they suppose to extract the number form you other than responding to your add?

Which part? I have to admit I didn't spend hours reviewing what I typed... 

To put it in very simple English for you - if you don't like it, move on!

Let me rephrase, the very last part of your last sentence. If you dont state a price yet someone is actually interested in the part, how are they suppose to extract the number form you other than responding to your add?

You're not supposed to extract a number. If it's TBA then you OFFER one. Thus starts the negotiation. If it's TBA you don't go in with "how much for x / y / z" - you offer what you think is reasonable. Simple, really. 

Better a TBA than an SQ. They can be really horrific.

If it's SQ on anything other than lobster / King Prawns I walk away,. Ain't nobody but La Colombe that makes me want to pay more for steak than I can get it for at PnP or Allie's 

Ask maybe? A whole easier than starting a thread :) Edited by Patchelicious

Agree with the OP "To be arranged" sounds like an Indian prince looking to clinch a deal by offering one of his teenage daughters as a deal sweetner.

IMO... "Price to be negotiated" or "make an offer" is more suitable