Garmin introduces vívosmart HR+ with wrist-based heart rate plus GPS

News bot

Garmin International Inc., today announced vívosmart HR+, an activity tracker with wrist-based heart rate plus GPS. The vívosmart HR+ adds new features to the company’s popular vívosmart activity tracker product line, including GPS, additional running data and Garmin Move IQ™ auto activity detection. With Garmin Elevate™ wrist heart rate technology the vívosmart HR+ provides 24/7 heart rate monitoring. It also tracks steps, distance, calories, floors climbed and activity intensity. It features an always-on, sunlight-readable display and water rating of 5 ATM, so it’s swim and shower safe.

Click here to view the article

Hi

Will the heart rate sync with other Garmin devices like the 810, when on the bike? Having lots of issues with the chest strap, so this would be a Win, if it does.

TIA

Hi

Will the heart rate sync with other Garmin devices like the 810, when on the bike? Having lots of issues with the chest strap, so this would be a Win, if it does.

TIA

You can put it in a mode to broadcast the heart rate but then it only does that.

From the reviews the heart rate accuracy isn't great for cycling because your wrist bounces around so I wouldn't buy it primarily as an optical heart rate sensor for cycling. 

You can put it in a mode to broadcast the heart rate but then it only does that.

From the reviews the heart rate accuracy isn't great for cycling because your wrist bounces around so I wouldn't buy it primarily as an optical heart rate sensor for cycling. 

I would like to second that.

Wrist based hearth rate and cycling, especially Mountain Biking, does not go well together.

I have a fitbit wrist HR based monitor. Compared it too my garmin and chest strap. Major difference. Wrist hr was much lower.

I have a fitbit wrist HR based monitor. Compared it too my garmin and chest strap. Major difference. Wrist hr was much lower.

But thats a good thing!!  :whistling:

Thanks all.

Believe the guys on Vitality have found the same thing with the iWatch promo.... Guys cant hit targets due to the low readings coming from the watch, hence no points being awarded.