Tacx Trainer help

Pieterlab1

Guys I need some advice please.

I got an almost new Tacx Bushido trainer for a very good price. I checked the specs on the Tacx website, and they confirmed that a 29" wheel will fit.

I assembled the unit today but my MTB doesn't fit. On the unit they mention max outside wheel circumference is 710mm.

Do I need to get a Tacx trainer tyre? Will this solve my problem? There is a 29" Tacx tyre availble on the CWC website.

I really regret ever opening the "Show you winter pain cave" thread!

I would always recommend a infoor tire.

It will last longer, be more quite and less of a mess.

I would always recommend a infoor tire.

It will last longer, be more quite and less of a mess.

Thanks! So it should fit with the trainer/indoor tyre then?

I have vortex trainer. There are different slots that the brake can attach to the frame of the trainer for different wheel sizes. I suspect your trainer has been screwed into the wrong slot for 29er. Try download the manual off the web, you need to see the diagram, a worded explanation makes it more confusing than it is.

I have vortex trainer. There are different slots that the brake can attach to the frame of the trainer for different wheel sizes. I suspect your trainer has been screwed into the wrong slot for 29er. Try download the manual off the web, you need to see the diagram, a worded explanation makes it more confusing than it is.

Thanks, I did slot it into the biggest slot, but it's still not accomodating the wheel. I guess I need the trainer tyre.

I've ordered the trainer tyre from CWC, it should be delivered later today.

I plan on fitting the tyre to my old 29" Giant tubeless rims. Do I need to fit it with a tube, and what size tube do I need? 

This is your problem

Thanks, I did slot it into the biggest slot, but it's still not accomodating the wheel. I guess I need the trainer tyre.

Yup. Most trainers don't accommodate 29er wheels with tyres >1.4"

Buy a cheap 29er mtb or 700c road wheel and add the trainer tyre and cassette - swap wheel when you want to ride indoors - much easier than changing tyres all the time (especially if it's tubeless).

Buy a cheap 29er mtb or 700c road wheel and add the trainer tyre and cassette - swap wheel when you want to ride indoors - much easier than changing tyres all the time (especially if it's tubeless).

Much too lazy to change tyres every time! I will fit the trainer tyre to an old wheel, thanks. 

This is your problem

It is screwed into the biggest slot, but still the 29" Maxxis MTB tyre don't fit. I hope that the trainer tyre will fit.

I've ordered the trainer tyre from CWC, it should be delivered later today.

I plan on fitting the tyre to my old 29" Giant tubeless rims. Do I need to fit it with a tube, and what size tube do I need? 

Tube size depends on tyre size

Edit: 29er and Road Wheels are the same size.

Edited by Spoke101

It's the only way.

Get an old cassette too and keep the wheel purely for the IDT.

It's the only way.

Get an old cassette too and keep the wheel purely for the IDT.

i ended up with a whole new wheelset, so I've got that going for me which is nice.  :clap:

but seriously, get a whole new wheel, cassette included. It will be far less pain in the long run and you'll always have a wheel to train or ride on at a moment's notice. Don't go tubeless on the IDT wheel, just bung a tube in there

i ended up with a whole new wheelset, so I've got that going for me which is nice.  :clap:

but seriously, get a whole new wheel, cassette included. It will be far less pain in the long run and you'll always have a wheel to train or ride on at a moment's notice. Don't go tubeless on the IDT wheel, just bung a tube in there

Thanks!