Jock still the ultimate test for SA’s best

News bot

Interesting/confusing/frightening that this PR states Long Tom is 12km at 10%, and the official site states 12km at an average of 7%. Who/when to believe?!

Interesting/confusing/frightening that this PR states Long Tom is 12km at 10%, and the official site states 12km at an average of 7%. Who/when to believe?!

Strava...

• 1 month later...

Strava says"

JOCK 2013 LONG TOM PASS; 11.9KM; 450m elevation gain; 4% Average Gradient

There is a flat section or maybe a bit of a down hill at 10km. Thats why its a bit confusing. After a 10km is hard to tell or recall if it was flat or down hill all I know is that you end up doing 30kmph for a while then you start climbing again.

There is a flat section or maybe a bit of a down hill at 10km. Thats why its a bit confusing. After a 10km is hard to tell or recall if it was flat or down hill all I know is that you end up doing 30kmph for a while then you start climbing again.

From the start of the climb in Sabie to the turn-off towards Nelspruit is more 9km than it is 10.  The flat section is right at the turn, and downhill part is towards Lydenburg.

The climb starts easy at about 4% just outside Sabie and gradually kicks up to about 7-8% in the last part.