Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

There was everything you could think off, augers, planes, hand drills, coping saws, saws, files, rasps, different types of hammers, single and double pin marking gauges, you name, it was there.

You are right, I'm a right real MUPPET!!!!

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my next project. Nothing fancy, just simple home-laminated roofing lumber

9d27dbdba35d926a6b966cf862ce00f0.jpg

Then a new coffee table, and some shelving for the home office. Then open kitchen shelving to replace the upper BIC's, also roofing lumber. It's cheap and hardy. 

I also want to make some adirondack chairs and a bench for outside once I've redone the garden. Just the time that's lacking. 

Yes, beautiful.  You can also see that the maker was a Freemason.

as a matter of interest, how can you see that?

Caliper & set square to the right of the planes.  Don't know if there is any meaning to the G.

Just look for the G.

http://images.mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/styles/insert_main_wide_image/public/freemasons.png

Caliper & set square to the right of the planes.  Don't know if there is any meaning to the G.

Ah, so the freemasons are a really just a secret woodwork club.

G stands for God/Geometry/Gnosis, depending who you ask, nobody is really sure.

The US, especially among artisans, journeymen and others have a rich history of involvement with the Freemasons, which is why the maker of this chest went to the trouble of inserting their insignia.

Edited by Moridin

Need lotto money for those...LOL...they are exquisite!

yup - realising I must look after the one I got from my dad. Had no idea what it could cost.