Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, in the interest of full disclosure, I'll show you the last "before lock-down" picture in the book. Remember, my name is DJR, not Van Gogh or Leonardo, or even Pablo! Luckily, for now at least, I don't have to make my living from either leather goods or art! (Yes, I know the dog looks like a mop that got electrocuted and that there are huge sperm crawling around on the beach! :blush:  :D )

post-17716-0-94461400-1585835055_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJR

So, in the interest of full disclosure, I'll show you the last "before lock-down" picture in the book. Remember, my name is DJR, not Van Gogh or Leonardo, or even Pablo! Luckily, for now at least, I don't have to make my living from either leather goods or art! (Yes, I know the dog looks like a mop that got electrocuted and that there are huge sperm crawling around on the beach! :blush:  :D )

until you said that I would not have thought that ... but "once you see it, you can not un-see it"

That's very neat work DJR, well done. Ever tried your hand at making a leather saddle bag?

No, but I have plans for making something like this. And with my mostly shut down work, I hope to get to it before long. I have everything I need, but it will have to be in black, because I've run out of brown stain.

post-17716-0-79257200-1585851665_thumb.jpg

No, but I have plans for making something like this. And with my mostly shut down work, I hope to get to it before long. I have everything I need, but it will have to be in black, because I've run out of brown stain.

Are you making these in black ... so essentially formal shoes then!?

post-5403-0-40336700-1585919479_thumb.jpg

That looks very much like a handgun holster, oh ok, now I understand...

We recently moved and I want to do something different with tool storage. In the old house I had it up on the wall. I am now considering one of those mechanic tool cabinets on castors.

I'm mainly considering this because I have woodworking, bike and other general tools to store. I don't have much space because I'm sharing a single garage with a car.

How are your tools stored and what other options would you recommend?

Are you making these in black ... so essentially formal shoes then!?

Formal vellies  :thumbup: I've never made a shoe, but now I'm thinking about it.........

Move car outside.  :ph34r: (Sorry, this lock down thing has made me a bit short on fun entertainment :blush:  )

My car is standing outside permanently for the past few months due to the woodwork!  :blush:

Mr ABrooks, have a look at this idea for small space tools storage:

https://woodworkjunkie.com/small-workshop-storage-solution

His video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhZMOnsVRds

Also check out his other videos, many solutions for a small shop.

Edited by carrera4s

My car is standing outside permanently for the past few months due to the woodwork!  :blush:

His video:

dammit, now I want to build one. 

but its also given me an idea, I have a loooong fold up table that I need to store somewhere, something similar to this will get it up to the roof. 

We recently moved and I want to do something different with tool storage. In the old house I had it up on the wall. I am now considering one of those mechanic tool cabinets on castors.

I'm mainly considering this because I have woodworking, bike and other general tools to store. I don't have much space because I'm sharing a single garage with a car.

How are your tools stored and what other options would you recommend?

I mostly have mechanics type hand tools - stored mostly in a BIG rollaway - but I also have a few old architects plan cabinets converted to tool storage - 2A0 and A0 size - the only issue with these drawer based solutions are the depth of the drawers for larger tools - few electric hand tools will fit in these.

I also have 3 horizontal filing cabinets - these work better for big tool storage, but are super hard to find - either new or second hand.

I also have floor to ceiling shelving in 2 garages - this tends to turn messy quickly, but is nice to have and easy to find things - also cheap second hand compared to roll away drawer sets.

My car is standing outside permanently for the past few months due to the woodwork! :blush:

His video:

I'm subscribed to his channel, pretty cool idea. We are renting so I'm trying to limit holes in the wall.

I mostly have mechanics type hand tools - stored mostly in a BIG rollaway - but I also have a few old architects plan cabinets converted to tool storage - 2A0 and A0 size - the only issue with these drawer based solutions are the depth of the drawers for larger tools - few electric hand tools will fit in these.

I also have 3 horizontal filing cabinets - these work better for big tool storage, but are super hard to find - either new or second hand.

I also have floor to ceiling shelving in 2 garages - this tends to turn messy quickly, but is nice to have and easy to find things - also cheap second hand compared to roll away drawer sets.

I have floor to wall steel shelving to store larger items and boxes. I'm specifically looking at a solution to store hand tools in something like a drawer system. The architectural drawers might be an alternative. Those roll away drawers are quite expensive but seem like a worthwhile investment.