• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

WOOD SHAVING MACHINE

Ad definitely placed by a rock spider.   :mellow:

Rather than calling people names, it would be better to spend your time educating yourself on wood shaving machines and their uses in industrial aapplications.

Like for instance, where a large volume of odd sized off-cuts are produced in the process of making dowels, trim and other components a great value add is wood shavings for the pets and poultry industry. So you you would convert your off-cuts, poor planks etc to shaving for additional income with your wood shaving machine.

So rather go poison other threads with your misguided comments and maybe also grow up a bit

Do it when you get around to it. Fortunately, I’m making and selling them, so I can send you one and you can get to all of those jobs you’ve been putting off...

f618b8e593525a5ff0736dedfbf2abf2.jpg

This awesome. How much? How do I order some from you?

So I got mine today. They sommer arrived with the coffee beans I ordered from another hubber, The Nerd.

Haven't seen them for myself but my wife sent me pictures and they look awesome.

Thanks Stretched@Birth.

So I got mine today. They sommer arrived with the coffee beans I ordered from another hubber, The Nerd.

Haven't seen them for myself but my wife sent me pictures and they look awesome.

Thanks Stretched@Birth.

Thanks for the support!

I finished my moxon vice last night.  The jaws are hard maple with hardekool (leadwood) screws and nuts.  The jaws are lined with dark brown suede leather.

It can clamp up to 440 mm wide x 85 mm thick.

The screws are 7.5 mm twin start pitch = 15 mm advance per revolution.  c 300 mm long with 100 mm long handle and c 200 mm threaded section.

I am planning to make a few extra sets of the screws and nuts this weekend, let me know if you might be interested.  Probably c R 1 000 to R 1 250 per set - but the next ones will be from Rhodesian Teak, my hardekool is almost finished.... (Also excl the jaws - that you can make yourself, not too difficult  :D ).  

post-50518-0-95102200-1613066842_thumb.jpg

post-50518-0-90920700-1613066852_thumb.jpg

post-50518-0-14185400-1613066863_thumb.jpg

post-50518-0-06581000-1613066874_thumb.jpg

post-50518-0-67548800-1613066884_thumb.jpg

post-50518-0-03598500-1613066895_thumb.jpg

Edited by carrera4s

I finished my moxon vice last night.  The jaws are hard maple with hardekool (leadwood) screws and nuts.  The jaws are lined with dark brown suede leather.

It can clamp up to 440 mm wide x 85 mm thick.

The screws are 7.5 mm twin start pitch = 15 mm advance per revolution.  c 300 mm long with 100 mm long handle and c 200 mm threaded section.

I am planning to make a few extra sets of the screws and nuts this weekend, let me know if you might be interested.  Probably c R 1 000 to R 1 250 per set - but the next ones will be from Rhodesian Teak, my hardekool is almost finished.... (Also excl the jaws - that you can make yourself, not too difficult  :D ).  

If my workbench looked this beautiful I would be too afraid to use it!

I look at all the neat and perfect joints and corners/ surfaces everyone makes and realize a carpenter I certainly am not!

This will hold our coffee cups, some magazines and the elusive remotes though. Will do some sanding the next few days, my wife will do the stain and varnish thing after that.

Thankfully pallet projects are supposed to look 'rustic and ill fitting' I've heard?2134426703dbe0285451ad7d19314738.jpg

I look at all the neat and perfect joints and corners/ surfaces everyone makes and realize a carpenter I certainly am not!

This will hold our coffee cups, some magazines and the elusive remotes though. Will do some sanding the next few days, my wife will do the stain and varnish thing after that.

Thankfully pallet projects are supposed to look 'rustic and ill fitting' I've heard?2134426703dbe0285451ad7d19314738.jpg

absolutely nothing wrong with this