Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

2 hours ago, patches said:

I have an addiction and should probably seek professional help...

..but only after I work my way up to a Festool Domino ????

You're not helping my case either. I used my inherited 1950's Miller Falls router last week for some cut outs on a knife block I'm busy with, and decided a need a dust extraction solution. My workshop is an addition room at the end of my garage, so 2.5 x 8m, totally enclosed. I think I may look for something small like you've got but install it into the workshop area.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Mom is wanting to sell this Executive desk that my Dad used for many years.
If you know of anyone that is interested, let me know.
I'm not going to advertise it on BikeHub as it's not cycling related; just thought someone might like it.

941290771_Executivedesk.jpg.eba478347e007caa4158b19157cdb52f.jpg

On 8/17/2021 at 3:21 PM, Ed-Zulu said:

I remain intriqued by your picture with the Cape Parrot like bird on the stick...if you live in JHB it must be an escapee or a an escaped Conure, but the green cheecked conure has white around the eyes...

Do you perhpas know or do you just feed them?

Yeah, I'm in Joburg. I'm told its a lovebird ????‍♂️ We have about 6 of them that frequent our garden.

With the erratic winter weather in Auckland, one has no choice but to dry their clothes indoors. Storing a clotheshorse is a pain (when not in use) and they're fugly so I installed some neat retractable washing lines inside the laundry area.  These aren't quite enough for things like work shirts etc, so I came up with an idea.

I call it, the coat-hanger-hanger! (not a unique idea, but my take on it).

image.png.52199d2dfba7d64df1d5745ca977dc96.png

image.png.794df0c0d8a46c99ac7a66ee8cc26aea.png

Made from some American Hard Maple I had lying around.

image.png.f081fabbdf383d51c88f3d01531bbbcd.png

image.png.7e673483930304e0a99a72d4b9bbb3ef.png

Made 2 for double the capacity

image.png.b15a42bd03f048ee524719fdb5541c4e.png

Not too much on an eyesore when folded away.

Edited by patches

29 minutes ago, patches said:

With the erratic winter weather in Auckland, one has no choice but to dry their clothes indoors. Storing a clotheshorse is a pain (when not in use) and they're fugly so I installed some neat retractable washing lines inside the laundry area.  These aren't quite enough for things like work shirts etc, so I came up with an idea.

Great idea, I'm going to make one of those! 

As an aside, what do you use to mount thing to drywall? I have little confidence in hanging anything remotely heavy...

2 hours ago, GrahamS2 said:

Great idea, I'm going to make one of those! 

As an aside, what do you use to mount thing to drywall? I have little confidence in hanging anything remotely heavy...

Fortunately I had a stud in the centre between the window and door architraves, from a wall I demolished and patched over (as you'll see form the hole in the floorboards... future project, haha).

However, if there was no stud my plan was to use snap toggles. I bought some in the US years ago, but have seen them in NZ. I used them to wall mount a TV., and they seem to hold. They're also a good option if someone may need to remove the object in question, as they don't bore out the drywall but fasten against themselves.

SNAPTOGGLE | Heavy Duty Toggle Bolts | Heavy Duty Wall Anchors

Choosing and Using All Types of Wall Anchors

Edited by patches

51 minutes ago, patches said:

Fortunately I had a stud in the centre between the window and door architraves, from a wall I demolished and patched over (as you'll see form the hole in the floorboards... future project, haha).

However, if there was no stud my plan was to use snap toggles. I bought some in the US years ago, but have seen them in NZ. I used them to wall mount a TV., and they seem to hold. They're also a good option if someone may need to remove the object in question, as they don't bore out the drywall but fasten against themselves.

Thanks. I have some of those (from Bunnings), I found the gravity toggles also work well.

But the drywall in my house is so crumbly, I wouldn't try hang a tv without finding studs to mount it on. I found this out the hard way...

On 8/18/2021 at 4:10 PM, Jehosefat said:

Yeah, I'm in Joburg. I'm told its a lovebird ????‍♂️ We have about 6 of them that frequent our garden.

OK, that could be it...

11 hours ago, bertusras said:

For some reason I can't see the pictures

10 hours ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Same here

Weird, shows up on my end. Might be the fact that they're stupid Apple HEIC files I copied and posted form my Google Photos.

Anyway, I hopefully fixed it!?

On 8/22/2021 at 11:16 PM, patches said:

Slow clap GIF - Find on GIFER

On 8/22/2021 at 11:16 PM, patches said:

image.png.52199d2dfba7d64df1d5745ca977dc96.png

image.png.794df0c0d8a46c99ac7a66ee8cc26aea.png

image.png.f081fabbdf383d51c88f3d01531bbbcd.png

image.png.7e673483930304e0a99a72d4b9bbb3ef.png

image.png.b15a42bd03f048ee524719fdb5541c4e.png

Thats brilliant.

but my wife would just leave them open all the time and with empty hangers on them

Looking to move my Triton Spindle sander on so I'll offer it here before I gumtree it. Good condition, R 1800.00. Inbox me or WhatsApp for photo's

Sold  

51sn5w2cuxl.jpg

Edited by Plentipotential
Sold