Look KG 176

FCH

Busy clearing out my dads garage; and found a project he never finished, building up a 1992 Look kg 176.

anyone with experience on building up these retro numbers? go full shifters or single speed??

any ideas, pics or suggestion welcome.

Always go back to original where possible.

Although 1992 doesn't make it an old bike, and it is carbon, it has a steeped history in racing.

I would say try get it back to original.

If you want to go single speed, then buy an old track bike and run it like that.

I'm not a fan of taking classic road bikes and turning them into something they weren't.  

Just my 2c. 

getting hold of old mavic drivetrain might be a mission; but with you as close to original

The name of the game with restoration is patience. Wait for items you need and buy as you go. Some of my projects take a year of longer to complete. Budget and availability are 2 key factors.

Busy clearing out my dads garage; and found a project he never finished, building up a 1992 Look kg 176.

anyone with experience on building up these retro numbers? go full shifters or single speed??

any ideas, pics or suggestion welcome.

Nice find :thumbup:

What colour is it?

silver with the "carbon patch" on top tube (not sure how to put it otherwise) with blue yellow red on seat tube

Nice find :thumbup:

What colour is it?