I kid you not, this is my current go to pair of goggles bought out of pure frustration, no leaking and no fogging (except for 70.3, but that water was COLD)

https://www.mrpsport.com/en_za/barracuda-swimming-goggles-6501010201

I was using a pair of Mr Price goggles as I was interested to see if they lasted. It went well for a few months and last week binned them cause they leaked throughout my whole session. 

I'm looking at these now https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/arena-x-sight-goggle-c1099278

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We spend thousands , if not hundreds fo thousands on bicycles, we spend thousands on a pari of shoes that we replace regularly, yet we always view a google purchase as a grudge purchase. Good, well made goggles will last many many years and is the cheapest investment in the Tri world we make. Get a pair that work well and you comfortable with irrespective of cost. 

I use Speedo pool goggles and never had an issue.

I'm a huge fan of the AquaSphere Vista models. I find the one piece works better at sealing and has equal pressure so it doesn't feel like one eye is being pulled out of my skull while the other isn't if they get kicked or bumped.

I also found them to the the most comfortable on really long swims.

As someone who has done some absolute monster swims, I am all for having comfy, good quality goggles, especially at IM. The swim generally sets the tone for your day, especially YOUR attitude, so if you're annoyed during the swim, you're bound to be annoyed by something on the ride and the run.

the most comfortable goggles are the right goggles.

how many of you swim in a mask?

or do you prefer a very slim pair of goggles?

https://fluidlines.co.za/collections/goggles  

Agree that the goggles suite you are the best for you

Been through the mask (aqua shere), tried the race in eye socket type.  Both leaked.  Now on the speedo's that have used for the last 3 years, don't even consider others as they work for me.

Tnx guys, some good advice and suggestions.

The Orca Goggle Mask or the Arena one from Sportsman's both look like viable options as I would prefer something with larger lenses.

One thing I've found is pool swimming destroys my goggles, they only last a couple of months before they start giving issues like leaking and fogging, due to virgin actives death levels of chlorine. So I have a set for training in the pool and then I have a pair that I use for open water/ races. No fogging or leaking on race day.

One thing I've found is pool swimming destroys my goggles, they only last a couple of months before they start giving issues like leaking and fogging, due to virgin actives death levels of chlorine. So I have a set for training in the pool and then I have a pair that I use for open water/ races. No fogging or leaking on race day.

Johnsons baby oil. 1 tiny smear inside your goggles, you'll never fog again. 

Also have 2 pairs, one for pool swimming and one for racing as the chlorine does affect the goggles over time with continuous use in the pool.  Johsons works to stop fogging, better than the anti-fogging stuff you can buy.

That's a good point Roguemeister.

I will admit that I also have not taken the best care of my goggles, not always rinsing them after use and not washing them properly regularly enough.

I have also started to experience occasional leaking so guess i'm due for a new pair, or 2 in fact. 

Johnsons baby oil. 1 tiny smear inside your goggles, you'll never fog again. 

For the win.. even my mates skollie my bottle

We live and we learn, that's the beauty of sport. 

The most seasoned athlete can have one good race and the next boom, just wants to quite. 

Good luck in prepping for the next race. 

We live and we learn, that's the beauty of sport. 

The most seasoned athlete can have one good race and the next boom, just wants to quite. 

Good luck in prepping for the next race. 

therein is the allure of the sport to me.will never have a perfect race.i have been tri-ing for the perfect race since my first in 1987 being the old Perm Radio 5 series.have learned a few things along the way.