In the UK  I think you can get insurance through British Triathlon for event cancellation, but why should you have to take on that extra cost?

Thought I saw somewhere a while back there was a group of athletes Thailand/Philippines (somewhere like that) who were also taking IM to court to get a refund for a late cancelled event.

I guess IM will argue that they do offer % of the entrance fee back depending how long before the event you request it, else the option to defer, which many seem to do.

Ahhh ok, so maybe thats where i recall the insurance from. IM could take insurance and will just pass the cost onto you anyway. 

Think they should offer a refund and need to flexible in that regard. ITs a thorny issue which rears its ugly head from time to time never mind the C19 era. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Give it a tri they said ....

it will be fun they said .....

Bank account : WTF are you doing...

thankfully just a wetsuit left :) 

Happy Friday peeps, chomping at the bit waiting for any comp to work towards, but loving the improvements and ah haaa moments when figuring things out, especially with the help of this forum and members   :)

Haha Geared

I got lucky with the TYR sale a few weeks ago, got their Hurricane Cat 1 to my door for R 3330. Now to get to 4 kilo's lighter than my pre-lockdown weight so the thing will actually fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know where I can pick up a cheap pair of Ski-Bend/ J Bend poles?

Or maybe someone has some lying around they are not using?

I got a very nice full TT cockpit for my bike recently, but the S-bend poles are not comfortable.

post-27827-0-70437000-1595585900_thumb.jpg

Now i wonder when they will decide on Ironman African champs in Nov...

The interesting question is if it does go ahead, do you qualify for kona 2021 in the November race or does the usual April edition have the qualifying slots?

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if it’s been asked before, but where in Cape Town would be the best shop to try out Triathlon bikes.

I’ve never been part of a club, thus don’t have opportunity to test other’s bikes.

Looking for compact TT frame bikes as I’ve got long legs .... not In proportion to upper body ito std bike sizing

Edited by EddieV

Didn’t want to start a whole new thread.

Training has been going well, and seeing improvements in my fitness. 

I am stuck in a conundrum on which bike to leave on the indoor trainer. 

My road bike or my Scott hard tail MTB. 

Is there any difference on the trainer between bikes? With no triathlons in my immediate future, I am spending most of my indoor sessions simply surviving, I don’t get into aero positions, things I am sure I will do closer to a comp. 

conundrum comes in on which bike I use most on weekends, the road bike hasn’t even seen the road lol I use the mountain bike most sundays on trials as my “long” ride on the weekends, but I know I need to get the road bike out and gain experience. Which at this stage will be riding on my own wherever I can find a suitable spot, being in Fourways it am not far from cradle. I only have a few friends who partake in MTB and willing to put up with my slow ass. 

Taking the bike off and on the trainer all the time is a ball ache, otherwise will go find a cheap road bike and slap it on permanently. 

SNIP

Taking the bike off and on the trainer all the time is a ball ache, otherwise will go find a cheap road bike and slap it on permanently. 

:thumbup:

Doesn't even have to be a road bike, a 26er hardtail will work just as well.

Have a look in the classifieds and make it work.

:thumbup:

Doesn't even have to be a road bike, a 26er hardtail will work just as well.

Have a look in the classifieds and make it work.

Agree with Swift, but I would attempt to find something similar to the geometry of the bike you intend to race with. Training on a MTB and racing on a TT or road bike is not as efficient ito muscle memory/use etc. when it comes to race day.    ;)