I do like the new Canyon Tri range.

full_2021_speedmax-cf-slx-8-etap-disc_25

Looks awesome but R290k for the top of the line and R95k for the "entry-level" option with Shimano 105 components is just far too expensive... (these prices include shipping, duties and VAT. Excl. those they are R211k and R67k respectively)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks awesome but R290k for the top of the line and R95k for the "entry-level" option with Shimano 105 components is just far too expensive... (these prices include shipping, duties and VAT. Excl. those they are R211k and R67k respectively)

I find Canyon to be good value for money.

How do their prices compare to Specialized,Trek and Giant in SA?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Canyon (I own two of them). But almost 100k for a bike with Shimano 105 components is just madness (regardless of the comparison to other brands).

If you want a comparison, the Spez Shiv with 105 components (and rim rather than disc brakes) is R55k.And their top-of-the-line model is R220k (didn't get as far as comparing specs on this one)

Edited by Jehosefat

This is going to be a tough nut to crack. (At least they chose an appropriate name!)

Either way its going to take a long time I reckon. A watch isn't something you buy say every year, even if this one being very well priced.

I don't  know how it can possibly work better than the usual suspects, I haven't read the blurb yet, but it'll need to pull some punches.

Pricing is keen here, 349 quid which is substantially cheaper than Garmin Fenix 6 agaisnt which it competes or at least hopes to compete with in time.. 

Edited by IceCreamMan

The new Spez (the one with the cupboard door on the back) I think is as expensive as Canyon. The old Shiv was good value for money. 

Trek I don't think spec as highly here, they're cheap as chips, for reason.

I can't remember seeing a Giant Trinity on the roads, I don't think of them as super-bikes anyway so suspect the price is too

This is going to be a tough nut to crack. (At least they chose an appropriate name!)

Either way its going to take a long time I reckon. A watch isn't something you buy say every year, even if this one being very well priced.

I don't  know how it can possibly work better than the usual suspects, I haven't read the blurb yet, but it'll need to pull some punches.

From what I have heard it lacks a lot of the functionality that we have been accustomed too.  DCR says there may be a whole bunch of updates coming soon, but recons it might be best to wait a year until they are fully established in the market.

If I had to consider something else at the moment, it would be the Coros Pace 2

I was just as surprised by Canyon's pricing, as I calculated pricing when the Aeroad was launched recently and it was quite similar to what something like the new Tarmac costs.

I couldn't find any mention of it, but I wonder if they haven't already calculated the full price payable and are displaying that, as their pricing as noted above is WAY higher than I expected otherwise. A 105 specced bike for R 67k costs the same as an Argon18 E-117 disc running Ultegra, while R211k for the top end bike is similar to what an S-Works Shiv Disc goes for which would make sense. Really love the look of them though, especially in CF SLX spec.

I couldn't find any mention of it, but I wonder if they haven't already calculated the full price payable and are displaying that, as their pricing as noted above is WAY higher than I expected otherwise. 

Nope, the site explicitly notes that the price excludes shipping, duties and VAT:

post-99881-0-57203300-1605700714_thumb.jpg

Not that I would ever be able to afford a Speedmax .... but I had a look at the gear ratios.

A 50 x 10 (SRAM groupset) is thus equivalent to a 55 x 11? 

Not that I would ever be able to afford a Speedmax .... but I had a look at the gear ratios.

A 50 x 10 (SRAM groupset) is thus equivalent to a 55 x 11? 

Ja

I can't wait for Shimano to bring out a 10 rear, it'll make my silly compact crank a little more substantial

• 2 weeks later...