Thats umm odd. Is it even available here? I don't think I can recall ever seeing it in a shop.

It’s part of the Pepsi group so look for a store that sells it.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s part of the Pepsi group so look for a store that sells it.

I've tried it in the states. Its very agreeable stuff. I'm sure it'll make a really good addition to the aid station tables. 

Its just a lot of (extra) work for them to ship it all out here. 

Thats umm odd. Is it even available here? I don't think I can recall ever seeing it in a shop.

I tried to search and it looks like you can only import through companies like wantitall etc

Ya, so going to be interesting if Durban 70.3 happens and no one has tasted the stuff lol

Ironman Durban going to be a long day for may, especially with the staggered swim start https://www.ironman.com/im703-durban-athletes

Similar format to IM70.3 World Champs.

GROUP 1: Men 25 – 29 & Women 35 - 39
GROUP 2: Men 30 – 34 & Men 18 - 24
GROUP 3: Men 35 - 39
GROUP 4: Women 18 – 34 & Women 50 - 54
GROUP 5: Men 40 – 44 & Men 60 - 64
GROUP 6: Men 45 – 49 & Women 55 - 59
GROUP 7: Men 50 – 54; Women 40 – 44 & Women 60 - 64
GROUP 8:Women 45 – 49; Men 55 – 59; Women 65+; Men 65+; Relay Teams & Hand Cycle Athletes

IRONMAN 70.3 DURBAN ROLLING SWIM START

06:45 Rolling Start: GROUP 1 uShaka Beach

07:05 Rolling Start: GROUP 2 uShaka Beach

07:25 Rolling Start: GROUP 3 uShaka Beach

07:45 Rolling Start: GROUP 4 uShaka Beach

08:05 Rolling Start: GROUP 5 uShaka Beach

08:25 Rolling Start: GROUP 6 uShaka Beach

08:45 Rolling Start: GROUP 7 uShaka Beach

09:05 Rolling Start: GROUP 8 uShaka Beach

+/- 10:20 Swim Course Closes

+/- 14:25 Bike Course Closes

+/- 17:35 Race Ends In front of SUNCOAST

Yeah, I'm pretty jealous that my GF is in Group 1... Group 3 for me is not too bad though should be done around 13:00 to 13:30

Yeah, I'm pretty jealous that my GF is in Group 1... Group 3 for me is not too bad though should be done around 13:00 to 13:30

Group 8 for me.  By the time I get on the bike, some will be close to starting their run!!  :eek:

I hope they get this new rolling start format streamlined before the full ironman race in November (if it ever actually happens!!)  Although I don't think it will be as significant as a half ironman as most athletes are still a long way from finished by the time the afternoon temps start dropping again.  But will make for a fun time tracking athletes trying to beat cut offs with such big time gaps between the first and last swimmers! 

News from the ridiculous: James Lawrence the iron cowboy has finished day 1, of (hopefully) 100 consecutive ironman distance races.

50 up! Dude is looking rock solid. Its incredible.

Eish, I see my batch start time is 9.05am. It's going to be (potentially) a hot and windy outing for me.

So, I signed up for my first Triathlon. (Bela Bela)

I should have assessed my swimming beforehand but didn't. So with water's properties and molecular makeup that have changed over the last 20 years swimming seems more difficult and slower with relation to water "in my time". Learning to swim and completing a 1500m course is going to be challenging. Will Bela Bela's water be cold enough to to be wetsuit legal during August? and where do one acquire a bigger triathlon suit?

I should have assessed my swimming beforehand but didn't. So with water's properties and molecular makeup that have changed over the last 20 years swimming seems more difficult and slower with relation to water "in my time". Learning to swim and completing a 1500m course is going to be challenging. Will Bela Bela's water be cold enough to to be wetsuit legal during August? and where do one acquire a bigger triathlon suit?

Yes it will be wetsuit legal

If you get tired during the swim, you can stand up, swim is in the wakeboard oval and is about chest/neck deep,

Try fluidlines https://fluidlines.co.za/collections/trisuits?page=4

Edited by shaper

The water is quite cold actually, even with a wetsuit you get a shock when entering the water.

Only the turns have some deep sections, the rest is about waist deep. But put in the work to be comfortable in the water with your swim, it feels silly walking every 50m to catch your breath.

I got a stomach bug the next day, so try to not swallow too much of the dam ;)

So i received a mail stating that for IM Europe and ZA events an athlete can elect to opt out of the swim. 

This is due to the fact that some may have not been able to swim as much as needed for these events. 

Did you guys receive it as well?

So i received a mail stating that for IM Europe and ZA events an athlete can elect to opt out of the swim. 

This is due to the fact that some may have not been able to swim as much as needed for these events. 

Did you guys receive it as well?

Yes we got the same email for Durban 70.3 in June which am surprised at as our gyms have been open for quite a long time now, so no real excuse not to be swim ready.