Tokai 2016 reopening

(Deon)

post-13110-0-15643600-1464107076_thumb.jpg

In preparation for Tokai's reopening, TokaiMTB will be meeting with Park management on Thursday (26th) to discuss restoration of the existing approved trails, as well as rider routing avoiding areas that are still being clear felled should the early trial access proposal be approved.

The official timeline around reopening is still set for December 2016 but we remain optimistic that an earlier entry is possible with the various measures proposed.

Look out for trail updates and a plan of action later this week.

Twitter: @ama_tokaimtb

Facebook: facebook.com/tokaimtb

Edited by (Deon)

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Meeting with Parks this morning to discuss in finer detail some of the good news I was sent. Looks like Amarider did a sterling job with the MOU... 

Ed: There will be an official announcement regarding the outcome of the application, it would too soon now to say for certain. History has proven that jumping for joy too soon is not as practical as holding thumbs but expect good things. Really, do.

Edited by (Deon)

Meeting with Parks this morning to discuss in finer detail some of the good news I was sent. Looks like Amarider did a sterling job with the MOU... 

Should I start shopping for burlier tyres? :)

A site visit by the TokaiMTB committee was conducted on Saturday. It's the first time the committee as a whole has been back onto the trails since the fire and the expressions on people's faces alone could tell a story.

TokaiMTB has completed the budget requirements for restoration of the trails and early access intervention. We will now look to various groups for the financial support needed to get Tokai back to "as close" to the amount of trails we had before. There will also be a few new trails included in the official network but this ultimately relies on the support needed to get started asap.

Yes, there will be a call for volunteers but it is important that we stick to the work schedule or we run the risk of not completing in time for the reopening. Jumps, berms and other features will be perfected in time. It is important now to get the alien off the trail and restore them to a rideable state.

Really exciting times ahead!

Edited by (Deon)