Tokai 2016 reopening

(Deon)

Indeed. We're not really at liberty to discuss the details but it's looking good.

In fact, Mark, today's antics trying to gatecrash that meeting we weren't invited to, the one where the area manager was putting all that pressure on the teams to get the place open, had us grinning ear to ear.

When we're not invited, the chances are there's going to be action.  :w00t:

I have told you already, but just in case you forget, I really do admire your tenacity and stamina over the many years you have been involved with Tokai. Many would have given up, pulled the hair out of their heads and fled in frustration. In fact, many have, but what you did was to simply get on with what needed doing.

(OK, you did cut your hair short and now look all strangely respectable. Is that a sign?)

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed. We're not really at liberty to discuss the details but it's looking good.

In fact, Mark, today's antics trying to gatecrash that meeting we weren't invited to, the one where the area manager was putting all that pressure on the teams to get the place open, had us grinning ear to ear.

When we're not invited, the chances are there's going to be action. :w00t:

Awe my ma se kind????????

did I mention I am going on leave from tomorrow ..... and my Tygerberg membership has just been renewed, and the bike rack is on the car to take me there every morning of this holiday ... :P

The brownbelt.

The brownbelt.

I was out in the Tygerberg Hills yesterday afternoon. Southeaster blowing so hard the racing pigeons were walking home. Dust in the eyes, mouth, nose, ears. The Brown Belt for sure, at least until we get rain in May next year. 

I still don't understand how in that nth burn gale force wind how 500 flies still try manage to find the speed and skill to try to invade your eyes, nose and ears with surgical precision. I'm sure a cow or a cow pat would be a much more tempting prospect. 

I still don't understand how in that nth burn gale force wind how 500 flies still try manage to find the speed and skill to try to invade your eyes, nose and ears with surgical precision. I'm sure a cow or a cow pat would be a much more tempting prospect. 

After being out in Durbanville Hills and Tokai on consecutive days with the same howling wind, I can tell you for sure that Tokai is much much more user friendly at the moment. :)  :thumbup:

If you ride Tygerberg in the South Easter do Hoogekraal rather. Wind is much lighter there.

Yes there is lots of sections where you are sheltered from the wind, but when you hit the roller coaster, you will wish you have some hang glide wings.....

If anyone is wanting/needing to renew their activity card please PM me. I am needing to renew mine and would like to go in with a group. Thanks!

is tokai open this weekend,

nd can I section rock gardens on DH0 without getting flattened by other riders?

Not sure if it's open, but when it is, yes.

Just make sure you're walking up out of the way. The lines are pretty obvious.

Also, might not be what you want to hear, but the ride up on the switch back to the top of Cobra DH0 is really gentle, so doing loops without walking (should it be busy which I doubt) is also an option.

The Christmas crowd might not be super amped for DH0... some, but maybe not enough to keep it busy enough to worry about a Megavelanch type crowds!

After being out in Durbanville Hills and Tokai on consecutive days with the same howling wind, I can tell you for sure that Tokai is much much more user friendly at the moment. :)  :thumbup:

If you ride Tygerberg in the South Easter do Hoogekraal rather. Wind is much lighter there.

Did Hoogies yesterday morning, and the only section where the wind could be felt was on the final descent ... the rest was rather nice.

Hoping to get out to TK for spin this December, just need to decide if the petrol + R75 is worth going to ride there.

is tokai open this weekend,

nd can I section rock gardens on DH0 without getting flattened by other riders?

Should be open

You won't get flattened by other riders - it's a DIY job

Edited by porqui