Weekend 07 Oct - 08 Oct

ewep

The Crater Cruise is coming!!!  I want to do a 50-60km off road ride this weekend.  The ride will be in the Alberton area on Jeep track and dirt roads, NO technical side.  I want to get going Sunday at 06:30 and BigBen might just ride along.  Anyone interested?

Hey EWEP - It is also the final Central Gauteng interclub MTB race at Rietvlei Zoo Farm sunday so I may have a problem.

I would however rather get in the distance (preparing for Sabie experience as you know!). I will keep you informed!

The options in the Western Cape are great:

Saturday: Lourensford mtb ride

Sunday: At last a tandem race!!!!!!!!! Reeds / Bikemax / Vineyard hotel funride, and word has it even Fatty and The kid are teaming up to try and take on the might of Robby Rodrigues and Uwe Schmidt on the tandem.....

So, who's doing the Cratercruise? I'm actually doing the short one on the Saterday!!!! can't wait!!!! Big%20smileBeee2006-10-02 07:36:49

DR that's a roadbike ride on dirt, why would you want to go there?

Will be riding Vodacom Race for Victory that weekend.

That is why I am not going !!!LOL I need to do a few road races to see if I can still do it . Got my road mountain bike outta the biox yesterday . Race 4 Victory sounds like a good place to start .

OK, headcount!  Who all is going to join.  The time is 06:15 for 06:30.  This will allow Big Ben to join as well.

count me in, and i know that chilli and michH are also definates

where are we meeting? chilli needs directions from potch... but maybe at that hour she should come through to jhb the night before....

I think it would be best if CP slept in Jhb, Potch is a bit far, she'll have to leave at bloody 04:45.

OK, the start will be on Swartkoppies Rd, Brackendowns Alberton.  Directions:

Take the R59 South (Vereeniging/Vanderbijlpark)

Second offramp = Swartkoppies

Turn right at the robot.

Turn left at the 4th robot (Overbury street.  No more houses, etc on left or right).

On the right you will find a Nursery, park there (it is safe according to BB).

Uhhhmmm Oom Ewep - when did I say it was safe to park there? Is it safe to park anywhere I ask myself? No problem for me as we'll be riding there!

OK, where should we, errrm, THEY park their cars oom BB?  Let's first see how many people pitch.  If it's only 2 or 3 cars all can park there by me in the complex.  Then we'll sommer start from there.

The day dawned bright and sunny. We jumped in the car and headed out to the DEEP SOUTH. Dad and I arrived at Ewep's house and started putting the bikes together for our morning jaunt.

My dad's generosity with bike parts knows no bounds and soon I was sporting a new set of bar ends. We set off and just to get it out the way, I fell within a few km of home in some thick sand. Not to be outdone, BigBen joined me when he oversimplified a corner. Come on people, I know this is a non-technical ride, but let's switch our brains on shall we?!
MichH2006-10-09 02:42:36