2017 Scott Spark??

Fauret

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe it there has been countless videos where nino has sworn by 650b and every race he has done since 2012 was on a 650b so WHy would he be riding a 29er?

looks like the giant and scott fabric workers got lazy and will now just mske one frame. cant wait to see the new anthem. some cost cuts to make the same kinda frames push out more bikes...haha or im just blowing in the wind...

• 4 weeks later...

13509013_10153552449465951_8681691874487

More bike pron.

A quick glance at the 27.5-inch version of the new Scott Spark. There's a significant change in rear suspension design over the current design as well as other changes, which we will learn about over the next few days. Unable to show a close-up photo of Nino Schurter's 29er due to an embargo*, but the reason he's has chosen to ride the bigger wheel size is that it is better suited to the Olympic Games course in Rio. 

"The Rio course is mostly a fast and rolling course. There are some rough, technical sections too, so I feel a full-suspension 29er is the best bike for me for that course," Schurter told us this evening.
On the new Spark, Schurter is also able to use a 'negative rise' stem to mimic the exact position that he likes on the 27.5 that he's been so successful on.

*W.T.F.

so much for the 29er being better suited to fast rolling courses.

Just up the chainring size Nino

He rode the new 29" Spark in La Bresse, and suffered 3 flats. The Scott mechanic didn't seem to know how to change wheels on a 29er...

Liking the addition of the Spark Plus - and the normal Spark is now 120mm as well. 

Spark Plus is 130/120. Loving the way this is going...

Captain, is that 120 mm standard across the range, even the race versions?

Captain, is that 120 mm standard across the range, even the race versions?

I think so. Nino has his bikes dropped down to 100mm.

I think so. Nino has his bikes dropped down to 100mm.

Nyet. RC Line is 100mm. Spark Line is 120mm. Spark Plus is 120/130mm. Just confirmed on that link that now seems to be down...