Rattle on 2016 TCR Advanced

VolkAdik

Hi guys, 

Having a bit of bother, my bike has what sounds like cable rattling, Its from the internal routing areas.

Any advice as to how I can remedy this. The rattle only occurs at speeds above 40km/h on slightly rougher road surfaces. Experienced on Ou Kaapse weg, Down red hill, Down Smits, Down Tiekie draai and the likes.

post-54122-0-85470300-1464677083_thumb.jpg

It is most likely the rear brake cable causing the rattle.  Next I would check the FD cable. Solution depends on access.  You can try a plastic sleeve over the internal section of the cable or if you can get them in the doughnuts used on alu frames.

I've only ever had that rattle from the rear gear cable on internal routed bikes.  The gear cables are typically under tension normally so don't rattle.

It is most likely the rear brake cable causing the rattle.  Next I would check the FD cable. Solution depends on access.  You can try a plastic sleeve over the internal section of the cable or if you can get them in the doughnuts used on alu frames.

Thanks man, glad i kept a few of those in a box somewhere...

• 2 years later...

the rattle has persisted, a bit worse now

Def time for an upgrade then from 2016 :P 

Carful Direktech is going to tell you not to reply to old threads.

The inside of a carbon frame is rarely finished off as well as the outside. Often bits of carbon break off inside and settle in a funny part of the frame and rattle.

Pick up the bike and roll it around to hear if there is a piece of carbon moving around.

If it is a piece of carbon, you can probably remove it through the seat tube or bb, but to get it there is a bit of a challenge

Edited by Longbarn Killer