South Africans in Amsterdam

Vlamrouge

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any South Africans in Amsterdam who might be interested in group rides.

Someone passed me this evening next to the Amstel wearing a Complete Cyclist jersey and I started wondering if there might be more of us (South Africans) who would be interested in doing group rides.

Edited by tinycle

Completely off topic but worth a giggle. I lived in NL for about 5 yrs, still got mates there. The Strava profiles of my one mate who rides are hilarious. 80km ride, total ascent 10m.

But fietspad, what a dream.

Anywhere near Amsterdam to buy decent equipment and kit ?

Depending what your budget is.

I brought most of my essentials over from South Africa. Purchased some items from Wiggle.com

Then there is:

Rapha

Meesterknecht

Hans Struijk

Futurumshop.nl (they have a shop in Amsterdam also)

I'm sure there are more that I don't know about.

Edited by tinycle

Completely off topic but worth a giggle. I lived in NL for about 5 yrs, still got mates there. The Strava profiles of my one mate who rides are hilarious. 80km ride, total ascent 10m.

But fietspad, what a dream.

Don't need hills...cycle into the wind. Did that for three years...come sun, rain, sleet or snow.

Different lifestyle...try carrying two cases of quarts (equivalent) home on the back of your bike...or the hot chick you met at the pub. Lol. Good memories

• 2 years later...