Local online shops for MTB Baggies/Shorts?

Skylark

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's probably a small or at mist medium

What size would a 32cm waste be? Large? I am keen to get a pair.

What size would a 32cm waste be? Large? I am keen to get a pair.

pretty sure you mean 32inch waist and not 32cm waste :P  anyway, i love my shorts. have 3 pairs. i am 33 inch and i prefer the size large. medium a bit too fitted for my liking.

Fox shop (yes not online) has a decent range of the new Ranger 12" baggies. Bought a pair and I'm impressed.

Have they sorted the pockets out yet if it's a new cut, the ranger fit is awesome but storage cargo pockets near the end of the leg, what must I put in there just my ID card wrapped in a R50 note?

Even just keys in cargo pockets become pendulums, never mind a phone, tool anything with even slight weight. Granted if the waist level pockets are designed right, even if open, things don't tend to ever fall out but it's nice having a zip for security on those pockets.

You can always get in on these guys new venture.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/160515-new-kids-on-the-block-the-westpeak-launch/

Looks pretty decent.. not as baggy as I usually like (confirmed Intrepid Apparel fan when it comes to shorts - they have  sale on at the mo') but might be a nice change and good for the breakfast meeting / ride... cycling is the new golf after all. ;)

No online store yet.

pretty sure you mean 32inch waist and not 32cm waste [emoji14] anyway, i love my shorts. have 3 pairs. i am 33 inch and i prefer the size large. medium a bit too fitted for my liking.

Ya, inches. My bad.

Think I will go large too. I don't like tight stuff. Thx!

Not online, but bought some Fox Demo shorts from the Fox shop. Very comfi and so far seems to be very tough. Luv them.

Not online, but bought some Fox Demo shorts from the Fox shop. Very comfi and so far seems to be very tough. Luv them.

What was the price on those?

These ones?

post-41904-0-02610400-1465393812_thumb.jpg

What was the price on those?

These ones?

Jip. If I remember correctly they were around R1400 ish.

Have they sorted the pockets out yet if it's a new cut, the ranger fit is awesome but storage cargo pockets near the end of the leg, what must I put in there just my ID card wrapped in a R50 note?

Even just keys in cargo pockets become pendulums, never mind a phone, tool anything with even slight weight. Granted if the waist level pockets are designed right, even if open, things don't tend to ever fall out but it's nice having a zip for security on those pockets.

I've got the new Fox Ranger's and they must have sorted the issue that you're talking about, because they are great pockets.  I keep my phone in the zip pocket on the right, and although it's quite low down, it isn't noticeable at all, no matter how rough the trail.  It just doesn't move.  Awesome.  Love these shorts!

I've got the new Fox Ranger's and they must have sorted the issue that you're talking about, because they are great pockets. I keep my phone in the zip pocket on the right, and although it's quite low down, it isn't noticeable at all, no matter how rough the trail. It just doesn't move. Awesome. Love these shorts!

No phone hitting your leg or swinging all over the place with each pedal stroke?

No phone hitting your leg or swinging all over the place with each pedal stroke?

Nope.  Rock solid - I never feel it at all.  Doesn't budge.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the new Fox Ranger's and they must have sorted the issue that you're talking about, because they are great pockets.  I keep my phone in the zip pocket on the right, and although it's quite low down, it isn't noticeable at all, no matter how rough the trail.  It just doesn't move.  Awesome.  Love these shorts!

Been looking online and are you referring to the new Ranger with no cargo pockets or the older Ranger with cargo pockets?

This is the older 12" with cargo pockets(they also make a version with a 10" leg): http://dialdbikes.co.za/apparel/shorts/fox-ranger-cargo-12-short.html

The leg length will affect how it handles objects in the cargo pockets, longer leg will have the items lower down and more prone to swinging .

Edited by Skylark