Local online shops for MTB Baggies/Shorts?

Skylark

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

last 4 days of Westpeak's Jumpstarter crowdfunding - http://jumpstarter.co.za/campaigns/westpeak/

Can't go wrong at R450 for a pair of shorts!

That's a good price but making the pattern for a pair of bike shorts is not easy, complicated to say the least. It will be a gamble thats for sure, not sure I want to be a guinea pig but perhaps worth it at R450.

I cannot seem to find shorts that are above knee cut... I have a pair of Sportful Kratos and love them but cannot find another pair.

I need a 10' inseam.

I cannot seem to find shorts that are above knee cut... I have a pair of Sportful Kratos and love them but cannot find another pair.

I need a 10' inseam.

Just buy a 12" and go to a tailor to shorten them. Cheap as chips.

As a plus if you ever tear the shorts you have backup fabric to have it repaired.

Just buy a 12" and go to a tailor to shorten them. Cheap as chips.

As a plus if you ever tear the shorts you have backup fabric to have it repaired.

I have done that previously but then the pockets needs to be altered as they are low down on the thigh... etc etc etc...

good idea though...

Wish I could find another pair of Sportful's!

I need a 10' inseam.

Fox makes the ranger in 12 and 10" now, the 10 is exactly what you are looking for.

Fox makes the ranger in 12 and 10" now, the 10 is exactly what you are looking for.

I cant find them in a 10".

That's a good price but making the pattern for a pair of bike shorts is not easy, complicated to say the least. It will be a gamble thats for sure, not sure I want to be a guinea pig but perhaps worth it at R450.

You're definitely right about getting the pattern right - man its been a mission. But I think we're there! 

Ah! I'm on my way to jhb now. I'll try pop into a due south store

Due South has free shipping and free walk in returns to the store, works really well.

You're definitely right about getting the pattern right - man its been a mission. But I think we're there!

Did you get the seamless crotch right?

I noticed that makes the difference with bike specific shorts, unrestricted range of movement for pedalling etc.

My sister is a clothing designer, I've seen what a heartbreaking job it can be to get patterns right and that's for non technical clothing.

Are the shorts designed more for the slimmer guys or bigger guys in mind?

People can of course size up or down in clothes to try get the right fit but generally you have to choose beforehand slim or std fit as the underlying premise, basically either fitted or more baggy.

Hi Everyone,

I'd keep my eye on BuyCycle.co.za  :whistling:

We're doing a Fox centered newsletter next week Tuesday and am busy loading items today and tomorrow.

Plus did you notice we now have free shipping on all orders ??  :clap:

Hi Everyone,

I'd keep my eye on BuyCycle.co.za :whistling:

We're doing a Fox centered newsletter next week Tuesday and am busy loading items today and tomorrow.

Plus did you notice we now have free shipping on all orders ?? :clap:

Hope there is going to be stock so that I don't have the same episode as I did this past week with the Shimano pedals that I ordered.