Local online shops for MTB Baggies/Shorts?

Skylark

Hope there is going to be stock so that I don't have the same episode as I did this past week with the Shimano pedals that I ordered.

Marius ?

My apologies for the inconvenience, out of stock issues are a real pain in our butt just as much as it is in yours. As far as I have it you placed your order on Friday evening, and Ashley responded on Monday and your refund has been arranged ?

To answer your question, the Fox stock has been frozen, so yep, there will be stock.  :D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marius ?

My apologies for the inconvenience, out of stock issues are a real pain in our butt just as much as it is in yours. As far as I have it you placed your order on Friday evening, and Ashley responded on Monday and your refund has been arranged ?

To answer your question, the Fox stock has been frozen, so yep, there will be stock.  :D

Thanks I got her email I have organized some from Easybike so now just waiting for them.

Hi Everyone,

I'd keep my eye on BuyCycle.co.za :whistling:

We're doing a Fox centered newsletter next week Tuesday and am busy loading items today and tomorrow.

Plus did you notice we now have free shipping on all orders ?? :clap:

Some nice prices on Fox baggies? :)

Did you get the seamless crotch right?

I noticed that makes the difference with bike specific shorts, unrestricted range of movement for pedalling etc.

My sister is a clothing designer, I've seen what a heartbreaking job it can be to get patterns right and that's for non technical clothing.

Are the shorts designed more for the slimmer guys or bigger guys in mind?

People can of course size up or down in clothes to try get the right fit but generally you have to choose beforehand slim or std fit as the underlying premise, basically either fitted or more baggy.

Ya, that was a big one for us - we didn't want guys to feel like they were compromising on the comfort of lycra to wear baggies, they needed to be as comfortable if not more. 

Slimmer guys - bearing in mind that most 'slim' mountain bikers still have pretty big legs. We're aiming at possibly bringing out a line with bigger size grading down the line. We've just got to start somewhere for now. 

But ofcourse :thumbup:

I just went and looked and you guys have zero stock of any Fox baggies, none even listed on the site?

Edited by Skylark

• 2 weeks later...

So.... I pulled the Trigger and bought a pair of the POC's and the Fox Rangers. Both are 32 but are completely different sizes! The POC's are more like a 33/34.

I wanted above knee baggies and the Rangers fit the bill perfectly. Due South in Eastgate stayed open for me because I was lost in the centre (A Durbanite without the sea to guide him/her is like a fish out of water)...  Great service from Due South. I will be riding with my bibs so wont comment on the liner.  

The Rangers are entry level when it comes to pockets and features but are some of the best that I have worn when it comes to fit, finish and how secure they are when out riding. I am impressed and will be buying another pair. I love that they are shorter and slimmer. If you don't want fitted baggies then the 10' version is not for you.

The POC's are constructed beautifully and really feel premium. They are too long for my liking (below my knee - they are longer for knee pads I guess) and the sizing is a little too baggy for my liking. The material and finish is amazing and I love the zip up pockets. I cant return them so will be sending them to the tailor for alterations.  If you want below knee baggies, these must be some of the best that money can buy.

Hope this helps.

The Poc's are probably sized 32-34, if a 32 normally fits you a little on the loose side they'll be sucky big, last I checked the Fox's are sized individually, 32/33/34 etc. I also noticed Fox baggies are sized really well.

Haven't seen comments here about the Specialized Atlas baggies. They come with a swat bib and are the best baggies money can buy, period.

I commute regularly crossing table mountain weekly and have tried many makes, nothing tops these, for most of all the way in which you can tuck your tools and keys and phone etc into the swat pockets.

Haven't seen comments here about the Specialized Atlas baggies. They come with a swat bib and are the best baggies money can buy, period.

I commute regularly crossing table mountain weekly and have tried many makes, nothing tops these, for most of all the way in which you can tuck your tools and keys and phone etc into the swat pockets.

I saw them the other day and thought that they were well priced & looked good.

I didn't have the chance to try any one, but i got the impression that they were really long.

Why don't we do proper reviews?

Let's record length, number of pockets, zip or button and material feel

And price

Sizing as well

This could become an invaluable resource.

And no handbags at dawn please.

I saw them the other day and thought that they were well priced & looked good.

I didn't have the chance to try any one, but i got the impression that they were really long.

Might not be the atlas shorts you saw, mine are pretty normal compared to my fox/first ascents shorts.

What I like most about the specialized range of shorts is that the material doesn't feel like tent canvas, so it adapts/stretches like a glove.

Don't want to sound like an agent, but for what you pay the Spez apparel is excellent value for money (even better if you can bring it in directly past our crazy customs)

After looking at a few bike shorts and noticing they are now almost all made out of that ultra light stretch fabric that surfing baggies are made from, it occurred to me that that the style of surf brand hybrid walk shorts that have normal side/hip pockets and that are designed so that you can also swim/surf in them, also use the stretchy fabric, they are not far removed from bike baggies.

Before this ultra light/stretch fabric (which in my eyes is bogus for mtb, one nice rocky slide on your ass and they'll tear) there was real science needed for bike baggies, special patterns/panels with stretchy fabric etc to enable maximum freedom of movement etc. But with garments made almost exclusively with ultra light stretch material the fabric is so forgiving and light that the design/pattern doesn't need to be bike specific, granted if not bike specific you lose things like zipped pockets etc but the fit is still good.

If I see these hybrid walk/swim shorts on sale at Billabong etc I'll be getting a pair or 2, I have had some volcom ones in the past and they are totally unrestricted movement wise.