Can cycling and exercise create a better future for children with ADHD?

News bot

Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), estimated to affect from 5 to 10 percent of all children in the United States, is so prevalent that nearly every classroom includes at least one affected child.

Click here to view the article

Nice research to proof what most of us already know. Like with everything I think there will be those that respond very well, and those for whom it makes very little difference...

And then there's the underlying and "quickly swept under the carpet" good old truth of specific, one on one, long term Occupational Therapy,..which would solve many a "adhd victims", purely by just taking proper time and attention to what really is the underlying cause. But unfortunately we live in an "instant coffee" generation, where popping a pill is the next best solution.

Stuff the kids, what about us adults?

Yeah. If only it meant not getting broken on a bike. The flip side of adhd I guess is getting so focused/compelled/consumed by an activity (physical or not) that it consumes you..... Having something to completely focus on, even if justified as being an escapism, helps directing one's attention. But my problem is I get tired ???? Edited by cjlieben

My son was Diagnosed with ADD and Dyslexia a couple of days ago. Will def try the cycling again. But to keep him Focus on Cycling or any activity long enough is a real battle. Its true what Brandon78 said about the Medication, but, sometimes there is no other way.