[Event] 2016 Tiletoria Elgin Valley MTB

Pedal Power Association

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So have you registered? Did you like your little Tiletoria gift?

tell us more  :rolleyes:

will be going later 

tell us more  :rolleyes:

will be going later 

Registration yesterday was a breeze.

You get a waterbottle and...

seems registration today was not as breezy as yesterday  :huh:

Sorry to hear. i was the only one there though so that probably helped.

Sjoe wat 'n mtb race was dit nie! Die 70 het my weer bietjie iets geleer van fietsry. Daardie klim na die mas het gevoel asof dit nooit sal eindig nie! Het gekramp soos ek lanklaas het, maar was baie lekker!

Absolutely perfect MTB event. The 70K (67.5) was lots of fun, managed to do it in just over 4 hours. I loved the climbing, only tricky bit was the stretch after reaching the mast. Great ride.

If I can offer one tip it would be that they tell riders not to use their PPA number boards as this event has it's own number boards and seeding. Also explain the start chutes as plenty of folks lining up for the 70K ended up in the wrong start chutes. 

Don't let anyone put you off the 70K, if they say it was too hard they either needed more practice or rode too hard  :thumbup: I loved it on my hardtail with flat pedals. Such spectacular views from the top.

Awesome event. But agree with the seeding comment. I am an A batch starter so did not put on the tiletoria no plate which meant i started behind all the "seeded" riders. Nobody at registration explained what needed to happen. That aside, the event was great! Beautiful part of the world. Will be back next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They did tell seeded riders to use their boards in race packs at registration. Was good for a change to have properly fit and skilled riders in the first start group

Edited by Aaron_B

Tough tough ride

Nice and technical and lots of climbing

Jisso......1350m at the 40km mark at the mast....rof my bru

However, the water points were poor with no eats and no water left at water point 2 (mast)

We arrived at the mast at around 3 hours, no water, no food

And.......no burgers afterwards!!!!

Otherwise, perfect day for riding, Grabouw always keeps me honest on the bike

Groenlandberg was hectic climb, still thinking of coming back next year haha

PS. Het Vrydagaand paar whiskys gedrink, dit het my bietjie gesink

The 70km was a great route. Definitely the best PPA mtb race I have done to date. Riders were seeded properly and it was a good challenge.

Thanks to the helpful guys that donated plugs to me on the Groenlandberg descent. I still have one persons mini toolkit,  if you are reading this PM me and i'll return it to you.