Greg Minnaar

Mongoose!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO Greg Minnaar is the personification of BMT.  Great champions can almost will something into happening. Greg is one of those great champions. When he retires he should become a motivational speaker. And he should start with our national cricket team.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

20 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

IMO Greg Minnaar is the personification of BMT.  Great champions can almost will something into happening. Greg is one of those great champions. When he retires he should become a motivational speaker. And he should start with our national cricket team.

Interference in selection AKA quota system ruined RSA sport .No amount of motivation will correct that 

3 minutes ago, eala said:

Interference in selection AKA quota system ruined RSA sport .No amount of motivation will correct that 

Quota is part of the problem, the bigger problem is the administration.

NOTE: By saying Quota is part of the problem I am not inferring that PDI players are not good enough as this is a fallacy. The selection of players is a big problem and forcing a player o f colour into the team to meet quote requirements while not considering where that player is in terms of their form is part of the problem. The bigger issues are the feeder systems falling apart and just general Cricket SA managerial issues.

SO you're right its not a motivational problem, thats just a symptom as a result of the viruses in the system

One of the best attributes I can slap on Greg that is he a good advocate for demonstrating how much confidence in your equipment plays a role in results and the work ethic behind that delivers that confidence

1 hour ago, bullet77 said:

Kelly Slater is probably the only one.

Minnaar has been at or close to the top for about 20 years, so by that measure one can include Christiano Ronaldo, Sachin Tendulkar, Roger Federer, Tom Brady and Lebron James. I'm sure there are many more but those are just some of the sports I follow/am aware of. 

17 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Probably one of the biggest prodigies in board sports.

Wasn't he 12 or something when he won his 1st world title? 

The man obviously never rode bikes though.... No one who rides bikes could love the wind that much!

I don't want to derail the thread. He was 13. Ironically his utter dominance of windsurfing probably did the sport as a whole more harm than good. IMO He is the greatest waterman of all time. Mike Stewart, Slater, Kai Lenny, Laird Hamilton. All great but Robbie is the greatest.

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

Probably one of the biggest prodigies in board sports.

Wasn't he 12 or something when he won his 1st world title? 

The man obviously never rode bikes though.... No one who rides bikes could love the wind that much!

quite the opposite, loads of sailors/wind people into cycling big time.

so much that they started using carbon skills for offwater activities

MG_46761.jpg

and it's actually a great combo. no wind, go ride bike. windy, go sail. 

On 8/31/2021 at 12:55 PM, Kuys said:

ok, your google skills outrank mine. i can confirm that after spending that ski season there, they were still giving out Natures Valley granola bars on every street corner like they were bar snacks. clearly had too many left over from these champs

• 2 months later...
On 9/2/2021 at 2:23 PM, Shebeen said:

quite the opposite, loads of sailors/wind people into cycling big time.

so much that they started using carbon skills for offwater activities

and it's actually a great combo. no wind, go ride bike. windy, go sail. 

That was exactly me, except that I wasn't exactly a threat to Robbie or Lance????

• 8 months later...

https://shop.devilspeak.beer/collections/devils-peak-online-store/products/mountain-goat?fbclid=IwAR2SEQxkBpMqpvETEFNd_Pk3FadicUsna8aBBIJNqEkpMqp8csMcahjx1kU

24-CASE--cans-greg-Minnaar_1024x1024@2x.png?v=1652695679

ntroducing the limited-edition Devil’s Peak x Greg Minnaar lager 330ml can. Greg is not only the current UCI Downhill World Champion but has held this title 4 x over in 2003, 2012, 2013, 2021. Undeniably making him the Greatest Of All Time and to us the ultimate MOUNTAIN GOAT. Devil’s Peak is proud to be his official beer partner and honoured to release this can!

So, kick hard into chaos. Leave reason behind. Feel tyres shuddering. Trees blurring. Brain Dancing on the edge of sanity. Until, too soon, gravity takes her foot off the pedal. And Joy fills every part of you.

Find what you love. Devil’s Peak Brewery

The Devil's Peak x Greg Minnaar Mountain Goat Lager | 24 x 330ml Cans | 4% ALC/VOL is evocative, to say the least, but that's why you're drawn to it in the first place.