Cycling Team Sponsorship

button

Howzit!

I want to enter an amateur team for the Tour of Good Hope 2017. I want to try and get a sponsor. I have already approached the company I work for and they are willing to look at my proposal... which I don't have :(

Does any one know how to compose a proposal? Or does anyone have any advice?? 

Edited by button

There has been a similar thread about sponsorship a while ago.

If you want sponsorship, normally it means you have to work for it. Asking on the hub if some-one has a proposal for you, is kinda like copying your math homework before class.

That being said.

The following items you need to take into consideration:

What kind of sponsorship do you require?

Travel costs to and from the event

Entry fees

accomodation

supplements

maintenance/mechanical package

spares

Kit to ride in, obviously advertising your sponsor.

What you also need to have in your proposal, is the potential exposure you may think your sponsor may receive during the event.

If you are looking to podium, the exposure is always a lot better.

If the event is televised you may want to mention that, however if you are a mid packer, chances of tv time is minimal, it's also very difficult to calculate ROI on such a sponsorship deal.

Best of luck.

If they are on social media its also good to punt them there. We mention all our sponsors when putting something on social media and then get the whole team to share/retweet. 

Also I presume you just want this for a once off? You guys just going to do the tour and that's it? They might prefer a bit more coverage.

As to your proposal, I like to mention all the team members and their passed achievements. Mention future plans and how you are prepared to put their name out there. You must realise it wont be a charity donation, so they will more than likely want some or other ROI. 

Have a chat to PureSavage.

You probably need to do what they do to create a ROI for the sponsors. (just dont premature blog like they do :P)

It takes a lot of time and effort to create any real ROI for sponsors. Race wins, especially locally do not really help.  

You need a social media base with ways to create AVE (Advertising value equivalent) greater than the money the sponsor is giving you. Tweets,  news articles, facebook, events, blog, instagram (#Blessed) and youtube. 

In the summer season we can probably recover R20 000 rand a month for a sponsor in AVE. We managed to give Mitchum over 20 times their investment. 

The smallest amount of exposure you actually provide the sponsor is your kit while you ride funnily enough. 

Or you can just hit them with a begging bowl. 

Have a chat to PureSavage.

You probably need to do what they do to create a ROI for the sponsors. (just dont premature blog like they do :P)

According to our blog we now won the TOGH amateur team competition thanks to that comment. Since there is no other listing online, its correct because it's on the internet. :P

There has been a similar thread about sponsorship a while ago.

If you want sponsorship, normally it means you have to work for it. Asking on the hub if some-one has a proposal for you, is kinda like copying your math homework before class.

That being said.

The following items you need to take into consideration:

What kind of sponsorship do you require?

Travel costs to and from the event

Entry fees

accomodation

supplements

maintenance/mechanical package

spares

Kit to ride in, obviously advertising your sponsor.

What you also need to have in your proposal, is the potential exposure you may think your sponsor may receive during the event.

If you are looking to podium, the exposure is always a lot better.

If the event is televised you may want to mention that, however if you are a mid packer, chances of tv time is minimal, it's also very difficult to calculate ROI on such a sponsorship deal.

Best of luck.

I am sure there is an app. . There is an app for everything [emoji53]