Which Kids Bike 20" Daughter 8 Years Old

deriknell

Which Bike is a good buy for my Daugter that is Turning 8 in August.

Was looking at the Momsen JR20. Looks like decent bike and does not seem to heavy.

Also seen there is Titan , Avalanche etc.

Any advice would be appreciated as well as best place to buy from. I am in Hillcrest, KZN

Also , will she be able to use the gears easily. She only recently got comfortable on her bike but is getting more adventurous now.

Momsen all the way!!!

Worth the extra money by far - literally changed my boys riding when we bought him one a few years ago. Really good buy as it is built for little bodies, little legs and little hands.

Just my 2c worth but I would not look at anything else.

Thanks a mil. Been a favourite since the start. Not too bike savvy so want the bike to last her a while.

If you can find a Giant MTX150 girls specific they are great bikes. Lightish and geometry great for little girls. I have twin girls been riding them since they were 6 and they enjoy the trails up here in Gauteng with me up to 15kms at a time

They also say the 20" is 6 to 8 years but I cant see my daughter going a size up for a while. Next size 24"? Looks way to big for her

Buy a cheap bike.....she is going to outgrow it very soon (unless she is very short for her age).

My son is pretty average in height and is turning 8 week after next. His 20inch is basically on the small side for him and is ready for a move to 24inch.

If I was in your shoes, I would seriously consider a 24inch. You could always lower the saddle and put on a shorter stem if need be.

Being a girl, she'll be more interested in colour than weight. Show her a few options and let her choose.

Edited by Longbarn Killer

Got my 8 yo a 24 inch Fuji. Should be fine for next 5 years and then hand down to current 3 yo sister.

Just some feedback. Got her the 24" Titan Calypso. ( got great deal from Leigh's Cycle's End of Lease sale). My daughter is only 131cm but she fits it perfectly and is riding like a pro. Glad as she will now het a couple of years use out of it. Thanks for all the feedback

Just some feedback. Got her the 24" Titan Calypso. ( got great deal from Leigh's Cycle's End of Lease sale). My daughter is only 131cm but she fits it perfectly and is riding like a pro. Glad as she will now het a couple of years use out of it. Thanks for all the feedback

• 3 weeks later...